Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Wow, Sirius purchasing Pandora ($3.5b)
I knew Pandora was facing some stiff marketplace pressure so not a total surprise I guess. Not sure how I feel about Sirius doing the acquiring, but they got deep pockets...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/24/media/s...index.html

I love Pandora. That's my 'sitting by the pool with drinks' music station!

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I keep quoting you today but spot on.  Out by the pool, I'll put it on 70's soft hits for a while, 70's rock hits for a while. My favorite is Todd Snider radio. We've loved him for years and that station turned me on to many singer-songwriters that I otherwise would never have heard of.

I hope Sirius doesn't screw this up.

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I keep quoting you today but spot on.  Out by the pool, I'll put it on 70's soft hits for a while, 70's rock hits for a while. My favorite is Todd Snider radio. We've loved him for years and that station turned me on to many singer-songwriters that I otherwise would never have heard of.

I hope Sirius doesn't screw this up.
Yes sir. Even partake from time to time poolside in what your dog enjoys in that pic I love so much, lmao. 

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the music with this acquisition. 

Sticky,

This is a few years ago. My wife's coworker and his teenage son planted tomato seeds in dixie cups. When they started to grow, he noticed his son had sneaked a pot seed into a cup. He brought it to my wife. I knew nothing about growing pot but did some investigating and found that the plant has to be a female to be of any use and how to tell the difference. 

Well, this guy was a female and she got HUGE. We cut it in half and hung her upside down in our blacked out building for two weeks. It worked very well but that's the only time I'm going to try that. Too risky. If police were to have found that plant, that is manufacturing which is jail time. It was fun doing it once though.

[Image: 12dp8umwayat.jpg]

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
Sticky,

This is a few years ago. My wife's coworker and his teenage son planted tomato seeds in dixie cups. When they started to grow, he noticed his son had sneaked a pot seed into a cup. He brought it to my wife. I knew nothing about growing pot but did some investigating and found that the plant has to be a female to be of any use and how to tell the difference. 

Well, this guy was a female and she got HUGE. We cut it in half and hung her upside down in our blacked out building for two weeks. It worked very well but that's the only time I'm going to try that. Too risky. If police were to have found that plant, that is manufacturing which is jail time. It was fun doing it once though.

[Image: 12dp8umwayat.jpg]
Hilarious. That is HUGE. Love the dog in there.

After 10 minutes I can tell if someone has Pandora on at their place
Good background music & when I want to hear some Chris Ledoux, all I have to do is put on the Micheal Martin Murphy station !

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Hilarious. That is HUGE. Love the dog in there.
That's Louie. Sprout (cat) is on the left.