Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont know how many snaps Elflein got yesterday?
Or how he's feeling the day after...But it he's good to go, is it time to make some OL switches?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
...... is it time to make some OL switches?
Yes. Elflein back to center and Jones to LG. I'd also suggest that getting O'Neill in there soon would be advantageous. He's shown that increased playing time leads to incremental improvement for the big rookie. His upside is big.

The best thing the team could do right now is find out who the best 5 linemen are, put them in there and keep them in there. If they're league average, then they're league average, but they're not even going to be that unless we can get some sort of continuity on the line. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The best thing the team could do right now is find out who the best 5 linemen are, put them in there and keep them in there. If they're league average, then they're league average, but they're not even going to be that unless we can get some sort of continuity on the line. 
Agreed. We definitely need continuity in the run blocking schemes to build that cohesiveness that only comes with repetition and in game experience. If we don't fix our running game, we are in for a long non-playoff season. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I keep wondering how bad these bench players are that Compton (constantly standing around not engaged with anybody),  and Remmers (far to often knocked on his ass or into the lap of Cousins) are our starters with no sign of their backups even getting consideration.

Or how he's feeling the day after...But it he's good to go, is it time to make some OL switches?
22 is all...

is it time to make some OL switches?
Yes. We should get one. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Yes. We should get one. 
Coach... how do you feel about your OLines execution?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Yes. We should get one. 

"I'm in favor of it"
Yeah....I'm an old guy too
John McKay had some great lines.....one of my favorites
"If a contest had ninety-seven prizes, the ninety-eighth would be a trip to Green Bay"

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Yes. We should get one. 

"I'm in favor of it"
Yeah....I'm an old guy too
2 hours... I cant believe that softball sat on the tee that long with this group of heavy hitters. B)