Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Jerry Hughes had 15 pressures Sunday on Cousins
FIFTEEEN. The most in any NFL game in the last 3 seasons.

This is why there was zero chance to come back. And this is why Riley Reiff was moved to RT by Detroit. Its not Cousins. That is a horse$hit amount of pressure from one player in one game. F%&^ me. Oh, by the way....next are the Rams.  Confused

Reiff looked back at home @ LT vs the right side. I like to think he just had a bad, bad game.  There aint much behind him. 

I felt for Cousins yesterday...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Reiff looked back at home @ LT vs the right side. I like to think he just had a bad, bad game.  There aint much behind him. 

Cousins is fading some mild heat from uneducated fans. Its ridiculous. The guy was under constant pressure, from behind and all over the place. The Vikings were in a massive hole before you could blink an eye and the Bills released the pass rushing hounds. Reiff was a damn joke yesterday: Hughes took his lunch money, his 401k, kicked his dog, slapped his sister and had sex with his Mama. 

Reiff was moved because he was outplayed by a rookie who was drafted to be a future RT for the lions IIRC.  Reiff didnt look good at RT.   However not all those pressures and sacks are on Riley,  on one sack he was knocked off his block by the RB,  another one was on Rudolph,  I didnt watch super close and I only rewatched a few plays,  but it was a shit storm by all involved.   On one play hughes stunted underneath and Compton didnt even bother to look to see if he needed to pick somebody up,  he acted like he had zero responsiblities on the play.  It was bad across the board.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Cousins is fading some mild heat from uneducated fans. Its ridiculous. The guy was under constant pressure, from behind and all over the place. The Vikings were in a massive hole before you could blink an eye and the Bills released the pass rushing hounds. Reiff was a damn joke yesterday: Hughes took his lunch money, his 401k, kicked his dog, slapped his sister and had sex with his Mama. 

Don't forget the ST's share of the blame.  In today's NFL, making your offense start inside the 10 after a kick off is just inexcusable. After Buffalo gets confidence thanks to a stupid penalty (on Joseph's part, it was clearly helmet to helmet and the right call) extending the opening drive, Priefer's squad gives them reason to amp it up to 11.

Flip needs to take some blame.  Where were the chips and help?  Oh no, I saw the opposite.  At one point Flip decided to match a TE (Conklin?) 1 on 1 with Hughes with zero help.  

Flip might be a good position coach but I simply don't see him doing well as OC, playcaller, making adjustments.  This is his first time as an OC and he just got his offense buried by the damn Bills.  You think we're going compete vs Rams and Eagles the next 2 weeks?

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
Flip needs to take some blame.  Where were the chips and help?  Oh no, I saw the opposite.  At one point Flip decided to match a TE (Conklin?) 1 on 1 with Hughes with zero help.  

Flip might be a good position coach but I simply don't see him doing well as OC, playcaller, making adjustments.  This is his first time as an OC and he just got his offense buried by the damn Bills.  You think we're going compete vs Rams and Eagles the next 2 weeks?
flipper was the OC in Cleveland before he went to Philly.   and it hard to call plays when the line effort was as poor as it was.  once the team was down by 27 it gets even harder,  but the lack of a running game and the lopsided score made his job even more challenging.  at some point the guys on the field have to make plays,   IMO he needed to be changing the guys on the field,  but I am not at practice... maybe the bench guys are so bad that the bad starters are the only option?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Reiff was moved because he was outplayed by a rookie who was drafted to be a future RT for the lions IIRC.  Reiff didnt look good at RT.   However not all those pressures and sacks are on Riley,  on one sack he was knocked off his block by the RB,  another one was on Rudolph,  I didnt watch super close and I only rewatched a few plays,  but it was a shit storm by all involved.   On one play hughes stunted underneath and Compton didnt even bother to look to see if he needed to pick somebody up,  he acted like he had zero responsiblities on the play.  It was bad across the board.
So Elf got some snaps this week. And it looked like Remmers sat some of those with Jones taking his spot.  Not sure what is going on, but it looked like the offensive like was a jumbled mess all day. 

Reiff has been the one constant since the start of last year.  And he set the tone and attitude of the offensive line that was desperately needed.  So I hardly see him as the entire issue as presented by some of the over-dramatic fan sentimentality.

The line sucked, Cousins sucked (missing wide open throws?), Thielen sucked (dropped more balls yesterday than he probably did all last year) and the defense sucked as well.

So no, it isn't one player, it was the entire team that forgot to show up.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
So Elf got some snaps this week. And it looked like Remmers sat some of those with Jones taking his spot.  Not sure what is going on, but it looked like the offensive like was a jumbled mess all day. 

Reiff has been the one constant since the start of last year.  And he set the tone and attitude of the offensive line that was desperately needed.  So I hardly see him as the entire issue as presented by some of the over-dramatic fan sentimentality.

The line sucked, Cousins sucked (missing wide open throws?), Thielen sucked (dropped more balls yesterday than he probably did all last year) and the defense sucked as well.

So no, it isn't one player, it was the entire team that forgot to show up.
the last time I saw a collective failure like that.... the night before the game Johnny Moxon took the boys to the titty bar to see Miss Davis shake her sweater monkies...  maybe Griff arranged love boat 2.0 saturday night and thats the trouble?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:

flipper was the OC in Cleveland before he went to Philly.   and it hard to call plays when the line effort was as poor as it was.  once the team was down by 27 it gets even harder,  but the lack of a running game and the lopsided score made his job even more challenging.  at some point the guys on the field have to make plays,   IMO he needed to be changing the guys on the field,  but I am not at practice... maybe the bench guys are so bad that the bad starters are the only option?
Well again, if the line is struggling with pressure  how do we not even attempt a screen?  I don't remember any RB screens, or quick screens to the WR's ... just nothing.