Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weatherly and Bower Ready For Additional Reps

I don't know if they will shine, but hopefully they can be functional against a very weak opponent. 

Weatherky had multiple pressures on Rodgers last week. He's starting to look the part.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Weatherky had multiple pressures on Rodgers last week. He's starting to look the part.
Yeah, I was his biggest critic this off-season saying he needed to step up and show the team something in order to make the roster.

Well, he's looked like a changed man out there...  Making plays, getting pressure.  He played really well against the Packers.  Between him and Bowers, I feel pretty good about our DE depth.

I don't mean to sound bitter, but are you guys serious?
The commentators even pointed out how Bulaga just stonewalled Weatherly. Yeah, he got a couple of tackles but I honestly didn't see the pressures. I bet Bulaga would argue that point. Yeah i do sound bitter. Because I am!!

it will be interesting to see if they kick Hunter to the right today and let the other 2 rotate on the right and to see how they hold up against the run.  its one thing to get after the QB,  its another thing all together to do it consistently and still maintain your ability to contain the run on the left.  Griff gets exposed by this to often and I am sure these young guys will get targeted as well.  IMO our inability to consistently stop the run is a product of our pass rush and the speed at which they go all out to get after the QB at the snap.

Hunter’s strong suit is run D, so I think they'll keep him put...at least on run downs..

I think Hunter will play mostly on the RDE and Weatherly and Bower will handle the LDE. However,  i think they will rotate Weatherly to the RDE to give Hunter some rest.

Quote: @96POPS said:
I think Hunter will play mostly on the RDE and Weatherly and Bower will handle the LDE. However,  i think they will rotate Weatherly to the RDE to give Hunter some rest.
Hi pops  nice to see  you hope things   are  well wish this was a  conversation about  Brian playing today

Quote: @96POPS said:
I don't mean to sound bitter, but are you guys serious?
The commentators even pointed out how Bulaga just stonewalled Weatherly. Yeah, he got a couple of tackles but I honestly didn't see the pressures. I bet Bulaga would argue that point. Yeah i do sound bitter. Because I am!!
I watched the game twice. He got pressure on several snaps. Period.