Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad Additions??????
Any one else surprised Carlson and Coley have not been added to the practice squad yet?  I think there is a 24 hour waiting period to clear waivers....

Has it been 24 hours? I'm not sure Carlson's flaws are correctable. He could make 100 out of the next 100 kicks in practice and you still have no idea what he's going to do under the lights. 

Vikings didn't get the chance to sneak Stacy Coley back onto the practice squad. He's been claimed by the New York Giants, per a source, reuniting him with his rookie year offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur.

I hope they can get Parry back on the PS.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
I hope they can get Parry back on the PS.

I don't think Parry is eligible for the PS.  I could be wrong.

carlson is sone here. he may be done with nfl forever. 

done

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
carlson is sone here. he may be done with nfl forever. 
For him, it's probably too bad we didn't cut him in preseason, because then he would have been signed by someone else, if not this year, then next year to compete in someone's camp, and no one would have even paid much attention - lots of kickers take a year or two out of college to catch on. But now, the most prominent item on his resume is a memorable massive failure in a clutch situation and a self-declaration that he lacks confidence.

Put him on our PS and try him again next year, seriously?? Even if he was lights-out in OTAs and camp and preseason, wouldn't everyone, Zimmer included, be scared to death when he had to kick in a real game with pressure? Of course. You might as well suggest Blair Walsh could come back to the Vikings some day.

Practice squad is not involuntary... they have to agree to be on it by re-signing. I'd guess that can be a tall order if/when a player feels jilted over being released.