Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings PEE: Packers
So, I will keep a running log and grant players 3 points for first, 2 points for second and 1 point for third (not splitting points for ties).  Current standings after 1 game:
  • Richardson 3
  • Hughes 2
  • Smith 1
  • Jones 1
  • Sendejo 1

Cousins, with an honorable mention for O'Neill. Maybe it could be argued that at his salary Kirk is expected to do what he did yesterday, but honestly he just had a crazy good game. Imagine if we had a solid O-line.
Speaking of our O-line, they need extra reps for run blocking. Putrid.

Kirk had jaw dropping plays yesterday.  I wasn't expecting him to play at the level he showed yesterday.  He was awesome!

Agreed PG.  Cousins, salary and all far exceeded my expectations. Those dimes were amazing.

ONeill filled in well, but as a pro, a high pick, one would expect him to be able to do the job. 

Cousins. I figured it would take him some time to get on the same page in this new offense, but he's hitting on all cylinders right now and appears to be improving with every series. 65%, 335 yards per game, 6 TDs and 1 pick that hit his receiver in the hands. Future looks pretty bright, folks. 

Cousins was an easy choice...22 points in the 4th quarter, on the road, vs THE hated rival...a few more games like that, and people will stop talking about him as a second/third tier QB...

I picked Weatherly and I will tell you why. Cousins was brought in to do what he did and we paid him the amount we did for him to do what he did. Weatherly had shown flashes before but he was one of the lone bright spots in the 2nd tier of our defensive line rotation. 

I'll withhold judgement until I actually get to watch the game.  I worked on Sunday (and way too many hours since), and won't get to sit down and really watch 'til tomorrow evening.

[Image: kknvv2lqul4v.gif]