Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers LB Clay Matthews says roughing the passer penalties ‘out of control’
https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-cl...f-control/
“You see how it changed the game. I know there’s an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks, but it’s gotten out of control. I don’t know what else to do. It’s frustrating because Jaire’s interception, that’s game [over], right? Instead, they go down and score, overtime, this and that,” said Matthews.

He's right...

It's something the ref's are going to have to learn over time. Yesterdays play on KC was bang/bang -- just like so much during a game. 

I hate the ref's, I dont envy the refs...

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-cl...f-control/
“You see how it changed the game. I know there’s an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks, but it’s gotten out of control. I don’t know what else to do. It’s frustrating because Jaire’s interception, that’s game [over], right? Instead, they go down and score, overtime, this and that,” said Matthews.
Just like Kendricks hit as rodgers released the ball earlier in the game changed from a 4th down to a 1st down. 

Yes, it is out of control, but it goes both ways Clay "Burping". 

Except it could have been game over before that. And of course the roughing the passer call that went the other way is out of control too right Clay? It's not like Green Bay doesn't get enough benefit of the doubt. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Except it could have been game over before that. And of course the roughing the passer call that went the other way is out of control too right Clay? It's not like Green Bay doesn't get enough benefit of the doubt. 

If there's any team in the league that gets the benefit of the doubt, most especially at home, it's the Packers. It's the biggest non-secret secret in the NFL.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Vikergirl said:

If there's any team in the league that gets the benefit of the doubt, most especially at home, it's the Packers. It's the biggest non-secret secret in the NFL.
I know right. They were holding all game and the refs just ignore it. That's nothing new and that's not going away. I just find it hilarious and ridiculous that the league's biggest whiners are complaining. 

Clay Matthews penalized by the Aaron Rodgers rule, ironic...But, he's right.  It's funny when it comes from Matthews that has priors with late hits, hits out of bounds and driving players hard into the ground.

You can thank your "discount double check" friend for that...CLAY

F’ Clay Matthews!

He tried the ol' 'scoop and pull'!! Naughty.