Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penalties and Packers
I listened to PA and Bercich on the radio and synched it up with the television, so I don’t know if anything was said by the tv guys.

There were a couple of times that Bercich pointed out the Packers should have had penalties called and none were.

Rodgers tried calling a time out and didnt have any. Bercich said he “thought” that was a penalty. I didn’t look into it, but is that a penalty?

Another one pointed out was when, I believe, Adams was thrown to in the endzone and the pass was defended, and he took off his helmet on the field of play. I know that has been a penalty in the past. It still is, right?

Sometimes the conspiracy theorist comes out in me and I wonder...

If memory serves, calling a timeout without one, is delay of game and loss of down????

Yes, a player may not remove his helmet on the field UNLESS injury, something in eye.

NFL rule 853.919 Any player trying to call a 4th timeout per half will be penalized with the exception of a player with a yellow helmet with the letter "G" on it.

We also got by with a couple today that were not called on us. Either way, I truly dont  like the feel of games with how refs call them now.

Quote: @"SkolVikings44" said:
We also got by with a couple today that were not called on us. Either way, I truly dont  like the feel of games with how refs call them now.
Are you talking about the subjective penalties? Because I agree that stuff happens a lot. But, sometimes that’s because a ref isnt in the best position to see it, or as with GB, they let you hold every play.

However, the timeout penalty and the removing the helmet penalties aren’t subjective. They are penalties.

Hell, Diggs got called for removing his helmet after the TD during the Playoff game last year, and that one really didnt matter at that point.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
If memory serves, calling a timeout without one, is delay of game and loss of down????

Yes, a player may not remove his helmet on the field UNLESS injury, something in eye.
Calling the TO is not a penalty, but if the ref falls for it, it is. From page 13 of

Penalty: When a team is granted a second timeout during the same dead ball period, or a timeout after exhausting its three timeouts during a half: Loss of five yards.Note:If an attempt is made to call a timeout in such situations, the officials shall not grant it, and play will continue. A penalty shall be enforced only if the timeout is erroneously granted. After enforcement, all normal rules regarding the game and play clock will apply.