Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good offensive line news?
Nothing to link to unfortunately, that's a real question. Are we expected to get any help on the line this week, or just hope that another week gelling and practicing together is supposed to help?

They looked really rough last week.

Quote: @KingBash said:
Nothing to link to unfortunately, that's a real question. Are we expected to get any help on the line this week, or just hope that another week gelling and practicing together is supposed to help?

They looked really rough last week.
Be honest Bash, this is a wake and bake question Smile

Well, we are expecting to get Elflein back at some point - relatively soon, I hope.  But I have been hoping that for a few months now.

I opened this hoping to hear some good news. Guess I should have paid attention to the (?) at the end. Nope got nothing except hope for a better tomorrows.

the 5 OL that started the game finished it too...  Wink B)  

We have no Kalil and no Clemmings. That's good news, right?

The  new guy is a solid player  elf is practicing today all 53 guys are in pads  Jones has been here for another  week  no new injuries so those are all postives

Yeah. I love this ADD player X mentality we have here. 

With Elf back you have 2 immediate stalwarts on the line, 1 future talented starter who might see the field in Reiff-x-Elf-x-ONeill.  

What we have is a competition for the G spots, which you have to think would down to 1 once Elf returns, having Jones take the LG.  

That leaves RG, luckily for us we have flexibilty with Remmers, Isodora, Compton with Hill, ONeill, and the new guy at RT. 

With those 6, we should be able to pull out quality play. My guess it is Isodora-Remmers on the right side, my hope is Isodora-ONeill, expectation Remmers-Hill. Which ultimately isnt that bad. 

Jones played well for his first game as a Viking. The return of ELF will be impactful, as he is one of the best centers in the league already, smart, and can handle most duties one on one. 

OL is always about the weakest link.  Luckily our team is good enough to get us through the next 2 to 3-0 and we can sort out what the best line combo works for us through all the bodies we have. 

INJURY REPORTAll 53 players on the Vikings’ roster practiced Wednesday, with only center Pat Elflein being listed as limited.

sounds like at least one more week for the Elf on the shelf...

Quote: @Kentis said:

INJURY REPORTAll 53 players on the Vikings’ roster practiced Wednesday, with only center Pat Elflein being listed as limited.

sounds like at least one more week for the Elf on the shelf...
I wonder what limited actually means - is he finally snapping the ball with the first team Offense, but only half the snaps? Since he's not going to play, I would think that they need Jones to still take the majority of snaps to prepare for Sunday. Must be an interesting balance in practice, getting Elf back under center but still having the other guy get ready for the game.