Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect more misdirection by the Packers on offense
This really gassed the Viking's D, you could see it. Minnesota had them by a couple minutes of possession but you couldn't tell because the 49ers had that D spread out and running around after the TE cross-field. They took some deep shots and then they got back to the line of scrimmage quickly. Harrison Smith especially looked completely gassed on many plays. I give the 49ers credit, they had a good gameplan, the Vikings just got up on them early and then the horses on D were too much for them to overcome. Minnesota hardly blitzed, a huge sign of respect by Zimmer for Garoppolo. 

Unfortunately, I think you're going to see this by opposing offenses moving forward. This D LOVES to run to the football. They'll have to penetrate to negate it. 

Well, a few things.  If Rodgers' knee significantly limits his mobility, it may be hard to run misdirection. If DeShone Kizer plays instead of Rodgers, then yeah, they will need to use his legs to make plays. But if the Vikings' D continues to fall for that play and nobody stays home, then there is a real issue with assignment discipline or coaching competence.  I expect a better performance from the D in GB.

Kendricks had a poor game to say the least... I would expect him to return to form.

if rogers is the QB i expect quick developing plays,  he wont be moving around and buying time and Zim will sense blood in the water and be going after him.  it would be stupid for mcccarthy to call anything that Rogers cant get the ball out in a 2 count or less if he plays.  we should have the game at that point as I will take out DBs rolled up in press coverage over any in the league.

Big Nickel. Gedeon is the one who got caught peaking in the backfield on the big play to Youzcheck or whatever.

If Minnesota can stuff the run out of Big Nickel then Gedeon isn't needed and a target for OCs.

Zimmer needs to do something. Kittles beat Harry for a TD but Jimmy G. missed him due to Richardson's pressure. 

And who did he burn on the play where the pass was just out of reach? Kendricks?

Regardless, that is not close to the best TE the Defense will see this year and he was still a major weapon on a variety of different looks, not just misdirection.

I'm hoping Iloka is the answer going forward.

I was talking with my Manager today.  He was from Wisconsin and a very huge Packer fan.  And yes we get along fine.  He told me he thinks Rodgers won't play Sunday due to the knee injury to Rodgers is worst than the Packer Organization is leading on.  He thinks Kizer will start and Green Bay will be quietly  looking for another quarterback.  A couple of people from work, also huge Packer fans said the same thing that the knee injury is worse than they are saying.  Also, if Rodgers does play he won't be mobile at all and could eventually get shut down.  That's just what these Packer fans were telling me.

It's all speculation unless they have some inside knowledge.  press coverage and jailbreak to the Qb until he either exits the game for his own safety or we notch another Win 

The good news is that most teams don't have the personnel to keep us in 4-3 base as much as SF did, so we should fair better the more we can stay in nickel or big nickel looks. I'm also encouraged by Richardson being able to generate quick pressure up the middle, which is something that we didn't have last year. I do worry about the coverage issues with the LBers, especially Gedeon, and I thought that SF was going after Smith. The D is aggressive and flows to the ball, but teams are countering that now, so the players will need to be more disciplined, and I'm sure that Zimmer will mix up the coverages more. Hopefully, we'll have a healthy Waynes and Alexander this week.

Quote: @Tyr said:
The good news is that most teams don't have the personnel to keep us in 4-3 base as much as SF did, so we should fair better the more we can stay in nickel or big nickel looks. I'm also encouraged by Richardson being able to generate quick pressure up the middle, which is something that we didn't have last year. I do worry about the coverage issues with the LBers, especially Gedeon, and I thought that SF was going after Smith. The D is aggressive and flows to the ball, but teams are countering that now, so the players will need to be more disciplined, and I'm sure that Zimmer will mix up the coverages more. Hopefully, we'll have a healthy Waynes and Alexander this week.

Gedeon is a weak link no doubt. That said, putting Hughes out again all game makes me nervous vs this generational QB and a healthy Waynes is a must too.  So I agree with you - these two are critical to get back this week. 

The biggest issue the Viking D has was covering the TE.   Expect to see a lot more of that this Sunday from GB.