Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is this board dead?
We just won on opening weekend. It wasn't too pretty but we did it.

Just popped a bottle of wine and trying to relax. A few obvious thoughts about the day.

1) Most importantly, to the best of my knowledge, we're injury free. I've seen quite a few guys look like they ended their season today. We all live to see another day... although I remember I how I thought the same thing Week 1 last year and then found out through Nick Swardson's Twitter account that Sam was seriously injured.

[Image: is581wzl2qll.png]

2) Our offensive line stinks. Cousins better be glad he got paid that much because he's gonna get tossed around like a beach ball at a concert. We need to improve, whether that's from a trade or the guys we have now just gelling.

3) The new QB rules are really fucking stupid. This will cost teams games for sure. I hate the short-sightedness with the NFL, how they're willing to sacrifice the game for PR and image. You CANNOT legislate brutality from this sport. It's violent by nature. All these ticky tack rules might save a bump and bruise here and there but most importantly it'll cost viewership. These guys are all still gonna wake up at 50 weak-kneed, daffy, and abusing painkillers. Get lawyers involved! Draw up massive, long documents that release the league from injuries suffered during play of the game in the future and let football players play. God, I hate how greedy these owners are. 

4) Our defense needs some work. Didn't think I'd say it but those screens and play-actions ate us up today. I think that's a scheme thing, and although I trust Zimmer his defense is showing cracks. Do we not remember what happened at the end of January last year?

5) Cousins is such a massive upgrade. I wasn't overly excited when we signed him but I think I've lost a little perspective on how bad we've been at that position. He has very, very few weaknesses. If we improve that line, he'll pick apart even the best defenses. #KIRKLEJERK

Waynes and Alexander being out hurt our pass defense.  Not sure how serious Trey's knee injury is. Cousins definitely an upgrade.

BTW this place is pretty dead, maybe it's the nice weather.

the board split and there has been a decrease in enthusiasm about the nfl. 

could be: erins rule, knees/kappernic, cord cutting or a combination of a bunch of things. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

could be: erins rule, knees/kappernic, cord cutting or a combination of a bunch of things. 
On the "cutting the cord" thing: met a tech guy at a party last night and was pretty much insisting he could get me 1080 quality NFL games without DirectTV. Would cost around $300 all told, I'd have to upgrade my internet, but said I wouldn't know the difference.

I have three TVs and want to be able to get any game, any time. He said that wasn't a problem at all, just a different way of getting there. He's writing me up an email of all the stuff I'll need, how to hook it up, navigate it, etc. Can't wait to tell DirecTV to go screw and that I'm choosing to steal the games because their service shouldn't even be legal. Really? You fucks are gonna package 200 garbage channels I don't want because you negotiated a contract with an equally shitty NFL? Fuck off. 

Steal when you can. These guys are white collar criminals. 

It was a home game. A lot of board members actually go to the game. I'm sure they're napping...

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

On the "cutting the cord" thing: met a tech guy at a party last night and was pretty much insisting he could get me 1080 quality NFL games without DirectTV. Would cost around $300 all told, I'd have to upgrade my internet, but said I wouldn't know the difference.

I have three TVs and want to be able to get any game, any time. He said that wasn't a problem at all, just a different way of getting there. He's writing me up an email of all the stuff I'll need, how to hook it up, navigate it, etc. Can't wait to tell DirecTV to go screw and that I'm choosing to steal the games because their service shouldn't even be legal. Really? You fucks are gonna package 200 garbage channels I don't want because you negotiated a contract with an equally shitty NFL? Fuck off. 

can you forward me the email???!!!

ive been using the reddit links for years. today they were so so. took me awhile to get the right stream but once i got it, it was decent. 

i popped over to the browns and then the broncos and found great streams right out the gate. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

can you forward me the email???!!!

ive been using the reddit links for years. today they were so so. took me awhile to get the right stream but once i got it, it was decent. 

i popped over to the browns and then the broncos and found great streams right out the gate. 

I certainly will. We emailed this morning before the game so I'd give it a day or two. I'm probably low priority with the work week starting.

I even thought - if his instructions pan out - about posting it here but I'm sure somehow that'd be against board rules. I can at least PM you though if this guy is worth his shit. 

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

I am so glad I cut the cord. I can't believe I waited so long but it's definitely worth it.

its likley some sort of streaming service like buffstreams.  i could do 4 streams on my tv if i wanted to go through the effort but who knows. 

I am on nights this week, started last night 6:30 pm to 6:30 am. So i came home and slept. Set the alarm because the game was on local tv. But when the alarm went off, I shut if off and went back to sleep.
Got up about 2, but I’m trying to lose weight so I ate some breakfast and took the dog on a 45 minute walk. Game was over when I got home.
Talked to the wife, took a shower, watched highlights of the game, came to work.
I’ll watch it in the morning.