Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gophers
Please tell me someone else is watching this game and saw that finisher by Winfield Jr.  Wow!

I saw it, what a play!  B)

That third down play on their game-winning drive was even more impressive.  The Gophers play calling when they have the lead is ridiculous though.

Missed the game. Watched the video after I read this. Great play stold the TD and ended the game. Nice play for Jr.

I missed it. I must pay .99 cents to continue at StarTribune.com...

https://twitter.com/fsnorth/status/1038622908766011392

pretty sick!

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
That third down play on their game-winning drive was even more impressive.  The Gophers play calling when they have the lead is ridiculous though.
Disagree.  The QB made an AMAZING effort, especially considering that he's a true freshman.  So did the WR.  They both kept their cool and didn't panic.  But, other than Johnson hanging in the air like Jordan, there was nothing "physically" unbelievable about the play.  It was just a great heads-up/never-say-die kind of play.  But Winfield's play was one that I've never seen before.  For him to be able to get back... get up in the air... catch the ball with one hand... and THEN COME DOWN IN BOUNDS!!!... that was CLEARLY more impressive!  (In my opinion...  B) )

That's was an amazing play to seal the game and especially nice to see, because they nearly blew the game with a roughing the passer the call. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Annexstadt so far. Big arm, good mobility, and seems to have a reasonably quick release, since a slow release was one of the most frustrating things with Leidner. He's still only a freshman and we'll see how he handles tougher competition, but I think he has a chance to be a pretty good player. It would be nice to see the Gophers actually have a passing attack for once.

WOW,  that kid is a baller.

Unbelievable catch. It looked like a sure TD for the opponent then he recovered. 

did something happen to Annexstad? or do they usually run a different QB in for goal line touches?