Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It should be a great game. What do you hope to see?
Maybe the highest expectations prior to any season that I can remember in 50 years.

I hope the offense starts conservative.  They have one of the most talented stable of running backs I have seen.  Run the ball and let Kirk ease into the passing game.  Keep Niners from keying on the pass and make them defend the run.  The O line would probably prefer run blocking to pass blocking.

Id like to see the defense come out with disguised blitzes often.  Be very agressive and cause turnovers.

It is going to be loud and crazy in there. Protect the ball and keep the clock moving.
Not pretty but effective.
No injuries.

Skol!

The Vikings are 22-23-1 historically against San Francisco; I want to see us tie it up!

I always have an eye on our run defense. If they can't run, we can key in in coverages and be tough to pass against. The more success they find on the ground the more open their passing options become. Don't allow them to get into a rhythm, shut it down.

I'd like to see Mike Hughes take a kick return to the house, if he ever gets one/takes it out...

I've been thinking a bit about Murray being healthy; I can't help but wonder how good he could be if you take the player we had last season and made him more explosive. With so much hype about Cousins/Diggs/Thielen heading into the season, I think Murray will have a big day.

I'd like to see us win the time of possession battle. Get them off the field, score on nice long drives that milk the clock and repeat. Move the ball, convert the chains, keep the clock moving.

Of course, I hope we win...  B)  Wish I was there!

A return to form of our D...best third down D...best on points scored...best vs big plays allowed...Cook and Murray being effective...Cousins executing Flip's yet to be truly seen O...Barr with his hand in the dirt...Carlson executing all the kicks...Hughes in the slot...Siemen in mop up duty...

Oh yeah, a thunderous Skol chant as we line up in victory formation... 

An efficient offense
A dominant defense 
A solid special teams

I want all 3 phases to look how we expect then to look.  I expect a hick up here or there,  but I want this team to send a statement to the rest of the league.  And I want them to make it look easy.  by half time I want to be thinking about next week's game.  And I'm hoping they can do all this without having to reach into their bags of tricks and expose what they've really been working on all offseason....save those new wrinkles for a road game against a team that we might need to fabricate an advantage agaisnt.

Mostly,  I want no doubts that moving on from Case, Teddy, and Sam was the right thing to do....at least for this week.

The OL not getting used and abused. and then a win would be nice.  Favre started slow. Hopefully Cousins isnt adked to throw for 400. 

Domination. I want to see domination on both sides of the ball. The 49ers are everyone's darling pick to be the NFL's breakout team, but if you look at their depth chart it kinda makes you wonder why. Jimmy G I guess. But there's not much more on that team. Their top free agent signing is out for the year. Their best defensive player, Reuben Foster, is suspended. 

There will be an enormous amount of pressure on Cousins to live up to his salary. I'd start out slow by running the ball and throwing high percentage passes and see if I can get an early lead with that. If so, I wouldn't show much more. Save the good stuff for the yellow team.  

Week 1's can be so freaky...

All good, well thought out posts in the thread. 

Honestly, this is such an important conference game. Dont want to go into GB 0/1.

I will take a win, no injuries and count myself lucky as a fan when I leave USB this afternoon.  I dont care how close, Fugly or beautiful of a game it was...

SKOL.

Week 1 and 2 games always worry me.  I hope to see the Vikings D pummel the daylights out of Garrapola.

I want to see a steady and effective offense with some sharp/accurate passes

No injuries and a well balanced team come out with a win.   I do not think that is to much to ask Smile