Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest takeaway from Iggles game
They had constant pressure on Ryan in the 4th quarter.  Even though they were not sacking him he could not get comfy in the pocket and that ultimately was the difference in the game.  

Atlanta is a good team but their offensive line is not great, maybe not even good. Not that its a great revelation to anyone but if our oline doesnt exceed expectations we may very well underachieve this year

Wouldnt it be a real kick in the ass if Oneill locked down the RT spot ala Ramzcyk last year.  that woukd be so awesome and helpful for our chances to be elite

Quote: @Bullazin said:
They had constant pressure on Ryan in the 4th quarter.  Even though they were not sacking him he could not get comfy in the pocket and that ultimately was the difference in the game.  

Atlanta is a good team but their offensive line is not great, maybe not even good. Not that its a great revelation to anyone but if our oline doesnt exceed expectations we may very well underachieve this year

Wouldnt it be a real kick in the ass if Oneill locked down the RT spot ala Ramzcyk last year.  that woukd be so awesome and helpful for our chances to be elite
im not sure if you and I view a "kick in the ass"  as the same thing. typically i think of an ass kicking as a negative thing... but hey,  im not judging,  if that is what you are into,  be you!

=) 

The Eagles had 4 sacks against an experienced QB - former league MVP - behind what is supposed to be a very good OL. That is getting it done.

Quote: @dadevike said:
The Eagles had 4 sacks against an experienced QB - former league MVP - behind what is supposed to be a very good OL. That is getting it done.
Fusco is part of that “very good” Atlanta offensive line. 

I think the first game of the season is always the sloppiest one.  It still looks like a preseason game for a lot of teams. I would try to avoid taking too much away from any game this week.

But we defenitely need our OLine to play well to maximize our chances against some of the better defenses with stout DLines.

Quote: @Max said:
@dadevike said:

Per PFF.  They have Philly at 1 and Dallas at 2. Fusco is their lowest graded O lineman for Atlanta.3. Atlanta FalconsPROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:Left Tackle: Jake Matthews, 80.8 overall grade
Left Guard: Andy Levitre, 78.0
Center: Alex Mack, 88.9
Right Guard: Brandon Fusco, 76.0
Right Tackle: Ryan Schraeder, 77.5

2017 season-end rank: 2nd (-1)

Quote: @dadevike said:
@Max said:
@dadevike said:

Per PFF.  They have Philly at 1 and Dallas at 2. Fusco is their lowest graded O lineman for Atlanta.3. Atlanta FalconsPROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:Left Tackle: Jake Matthews, 80.8 overall grade
Left Guard: Andy Levitre, 78.0
Center: Alex Mack, 88.9
Right Guard: Brandon Fusco, 76.0
Right Tackle: Ryan Schraeder, 77.5

2017 season-end rank: 2nd (-1)

I know. That is the issue with ranking an o-line this way. The whole can end up being a whole lot less than the sum of its parts. 

I hope PFF has the Atlanta OL way over-ranked. 

he held onto the ball a looong time

Long developing routes. Their OC is over matched