Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP named starter Sunday
I know AD is a polarizing figure. Even with Vikings fans or maybe especially with is more accurate. So I'm just going to say it. I hope he stays healthy and has a great year and maybe one more after this. For purely selfish reasons. I want him to continue moving up the all time rushing leader list. 20 years from now alot of the reasons for hate will be gone and forgotten. However the way the game is played now. AD may well be the last of the RBs who was the focal point of an offense. Some of his accomplishments will be hard to match. I want our only HOF RB, to date,  to be in the top 5 all time when he retires for good.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...on-sunday/

I wish him well. But he's a dinosaur in today's NFL running style attacks. And a liability in pass protection. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I wish him well. But he's a dinosaur in today's NFL running style attacks. And a liability in pass protection. 

Here comes 9 or 10 defensive players in the box when AD is in the backfield.  Sound familiar?

Interesting I was just perusing through my 2012 Sports Illustrated proclaiming 2012 the year of AD...

I truly wish him well. Nothing but love for him. Thanks for the memories. 

Don't care.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
agreed. Easier to cheer for them when they are good people too, but AD was special on the field.  Truly a joy to watch.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
agreed. Easier to cheer for them when they are good people too, but AD was special on the field.  Truly a joy to watch.
It's like a bad breakup. Sometimes there is negative energy for a while and then it's like meh whatever. He does football camps and helps youth in need. He is big into the school supply drives and getting Christmas presents for kids. He visits a lot of hospitals as well. He is making a difference. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
It's like a bad breakup. Sometimes there is negative energy for a while and then it's like meh whatever. He does football camps and helps youth in need. He is big into the school supply drives and getting Christmas presents for kids. He visits a lot of hospitals as well. He is making a difference. 
Yes, and if you consider that listening to him talk, he isn't naturally that charitable.  So he does good for many people despite his personal issues.  Good for him.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@StickyBun said:

Here comes 9 or 10 defensive players in the box when AD is in the backfield.  Sound familiar?
Alex Smith will take advantage of that, I still don't understand how our qbs couldn't take advantage . Or our OCs couldn't take advantage. 

Favre took advantage. I still Belive he was audibling out of Childress KAO.