Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty impressive, Rick Spielman
Holton Hill and Brandon Zylstra. UDFAs. Make the final roster on a Superbowl talented roster. Its pretty amazing when you think about it. 

Hill was about a willingness to take a risk on a Day 2, early Day 3 talent...that took extreme diligence to make that happen...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Holton Hill and Brandon Zylstra. UDFAs. Make the final roster on a Superbowl talented roster. Its pretty amazing when you think about it. 
Very impressive but don't forget from this year - R. Thomas, Boone, D. Downs

plus

Bower, Collins and Wilson from last year

plus

CJ Ham, A. Harris and Theilan from a few years back

Oh and UDFA's we got from other teams...guys like

R. Hill, M. Remmers, B. Jones, K. Sloter, new punter Wile and also the snapper K. McDermott

So I count 17 UDFA's on our team.  Might have missed one or two.  

(I'm going to make thread about this)

Good point. I would have rather kept Odenigbo over Ant Harris. So I think that would reduce our number of UDFAs. And you can’t count Downs. He was drafted. But none of this undermines your point.

remmers got paid bank to come here. im not sure slick rick gets credit for that. but i does say something that right at 1/3 of our roster is udfa

with all the speculation, posturing etc theres 275ish (forgot how many comp picks there are)  draft picks every year that you can still make it as a udfa

So does any of this speak negatively to our ability to hit on actual draft picks that they are beat out bY undrafted free agents?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
So does any of this speak negatively to our ability to hit on actual draft picks that they are beat out bY undrafted free agents?
7 picks a year. very short shelf life of players. say average 3-4 years for drafted folks?  28/53 players drafted at any given time?