Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Punter. The Good News
With Cousins and the new offense, the Vikings will be doing very little punting if any, which is why Carlson should have been given the punting  duties. It was the right move, just like it was the right move drafting Reiff over Kahil in the 1st round back in 2012.

Quote: @"vikingknights" said:
With Cousins and the new offense, the Vikings will be doing very little punting if any, which is why Carlson should have been given the punting  duties. It was the right move, just like it was the right move drafting Reiff over Kahil in the 1st round back in 2012.
MN punted 4.3 times per game last season.
Atl was the best with 3.6
2011 was last time a team was lower than 3 with an average of 2.9 punts per game.

At best MN might punt 8 fewer times this season.

Am I wrong to assume the OP was being ironic? 

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
what he really meant was that cousins is going to throw so many interceptions we’ll never punt anyway

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
what he really meant was that cousins is going to throw so many interceptions we’ll never punt anyway
Or maybe we are going for it on every 4th down so, again, no need for a punter.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Or maybe we are going for it on every 4th down so, again, no need for a punter.
I really hope Zimmer doesn't feel the need to go for 2 after every TD to sent a message to the kicker either. Okay the punter got fired. Message received. I hope we don't have to be talking about kickers/punters during the season. They should go unnoticed if they're any good. For the most part.