Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweet from BRob...

I am not a Twitter guy but here is a tweet from BRob:
Sad Day! I love you Vikings Fans, teammates, coaches and all I have come in contact with over the years. This one hurts, but it’s not goodbye. More like see you later. Thank you @Vikings for 11 amazing years and one opportunity. Formal letter to come soon.pic.twitter.com/zney9S5tGD

I truly feel bad for him. He is the poster boy for team player and team mate!  I hope we don't lose POPS over this as he is also a great guy as well 

11 years is a great run in the NFL - and with one team? So rare these days. 

Not goodbye  more like see u later  that makes me wonder if he is gonna rejoin the Vikings in some way I in the future  maybe as a player after week 1 or as a coach or other potion after taking some  personal time 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Not goodbye  more like see u later  that makes me wonder if he is gonna rejoin the Vikings in some way I in the future  maybe as a player after week 1 or as a coach or other potion after taking some  personal time 
OR....

Joining, the Bears, Packers or Lions as a player. 

Dont know the Packers depth, I think he considered potentially going there in the past. Of the North teams, them and The Vikings are highest % playoff chances. 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Well, he did say earlier that he would continue his charity fishing event in the great state of Minnesota, so there’s that...  B)

He has been working on his media expertise for a couple of years now...I see him in the MN sports media, if not national.

BRob will forever be a Viking - SKOL #96!

Best of luck Brian.. I hope the Vikes find a way to bring you back in for at least 1 more shot this year.  I was legitimately bummed when I saw the news. 

Brian and Pops have long been part of the Vikings fan community.  I grew to like them both as people as much as I liked Brian as a player.  This is a sad turn of events for sure.  It's not all that often that a player this effective spends his entire career with a team.  I hope Brian does make his way back - either as a player (you never know what will happen once the season starts), as a coach, or as a media personality.
Thanks for the memories!  I'm a fan for life!