Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mack Sweepstakes Expands
Khalil Mack - DL - RaidersThe 49ers are exploring the possibility of trading for Raiders DE Khalil Mack.
La Canfora also lists the Jets, Bills, Colts, Packers, Browns, and Bears among teams inquiring about Mack. The Raiders are reportedly asking for two first-round picks in return for their perennial All-World holdout, though numerous Oakland beat writers have suggested Mack could be had for a first-round pick and standout player combo. Currently gauging and listening to offers, the Raiders appear to be closer to dealing Mack than paying him.Related: 49ers

GB has the draft capital to pull this off...Chucky has spoken to Mack as much as I have...

Who the f uck wouldnt enquire about him?

Hell, maybe we should trade Barr for Mack????

Da Effing Bears, that's going to sting a bit.

Unique opportunity to get a game-changing force. Reminds me of the Jared Allen trade to Minnesota. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Unique opportunity to get a game-changing force. Reminds me of the Jared Allen trade to Minnesota. 
I hope you're right. Not a knock on Jared but he didn't make us instantly a success. Need to continue to add pieces. They gave up two 1st rounders. Those are also important to a building team as well. Would have rather he got traded to someone outside our division. Fear not the Bears are still owned by Granny McCaskey and run by Ryan Pace. 4th year as GM and they still never finished higher then, well 4th.  We'll see if this makes them suddenly contenders.

I thought Mack was going to be Gutekunst's signature 1st move in GB - ala the Reggie White acquisition. 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I hope you're right. Not a knock on Jared but he didn't make us instantly a success. Need to continue to add pieces. They gave up two 1st rounders. Those are also important to a building team as well. Would have rather he got traded to someone outside our division. Fear not the Bears are still owned by Granny McCaskey and run by Ryan Pace. 4th year as GM and they still never finished higher then, well 4th.  We'll see if this makes them suddenly contenders.

The young QB is who has to take them to the next level. But damn, Mack is going to make the games more challenging for sure. And of course a better D is going to take some of the pressure off the QB.  They've got quite a defense getting built and if they can finally keep some offensive players healthy?

Only good news is the rest of the North has to play him too. 

Quote: @"Aaron Rodgers" said:
Da Effing Bears, that's going to sting a bit.