Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when JimmyinSD banned me from Sensitive Topics for causing a stir?
Just pointing that out. Not that I really have anything worthwhile to contribute to that dumpster fire, but must be nice to be a "fair" MOD.

stir? He didn't even mention QAnon...

I liked the way the site was before Trump won and people were up in arms about hidden posts that you had to subscribe to see.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
I liked the way the site was before Trump won and people were up in arms about hidden posts that you had to subscribe to see.
I'll reiterate I have nothing to add politically, it'd just turn into a tard fight... but Jimmy's hypocrisy was worth pointing out. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@A1Janitor said:
I'll reiterate I have nothing to add politically, it'd just turn into a tard fight... but Jimmy's hypocrisy was worth pointing out. 
I was just saying.

I guess I missed what you are talking about.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@KingBash said:
@A1Janitor said:
I was just saying.

I guess I missed what you are talking about.
Yeah, was just piggy-backing on your follow-up I suppose. (Although I do agree. I've enjoyed not seeing a flood of politics here. There are more than enough places to consume that.) Jimmy banned me from Sensitive Topics last year... basically since we disagree politically. He'll fall back on bad language or stirring things up or whatever, but that "tolerant left" post proves my point. 

This place is better then some. Evenly split enough to be fair. Politics are never going to be fun to talk about. Some think they are having fun with it. To me I think they might just be more filling a need. Some need constant reassurance they are right and anybody who disagrees is mentally deficient or liers. I guess there is fun in that. In a middle school pick on the fat kid kinda way. Politics are about division now. I'm right you're an idiot. If that's fun to you check yourself. Politics is not supposed to be fun it's a job. One they were elected to do. Run a government. NOT fuel fires of division. Drumming up enough hate in the other side to get and keep your job is too much of their working schedule now.
Wow am I ramblings now.
I agree I have nothing to add.

I'll just add one more thing. Some insist what they are doing in forums is healthy debate. I did some debating in school. What's going on now follows no rules of debate or is healthy.

Its why I said political threads have no business on a football board: there can be no civil discourse. 

If you had been banned you wouldnt be able to see what is written in there You weren't banned you were suspended for a week IIRC and that was only because we didn't have some of the moderation tools that are in place now.

As far as why you were suspended,  I honestly don't recall the specifics,  but I am sure it had nothing to do with your political leanings. 

But if you feel better by creating your own political narrative on the football board  (once again breaking the rules of the site)  then go right ahead.