Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders are idiots if they trade Khalil Mack
Beyond stupid. But do you know how cash strapped they are? When they attempt to sign FAs, they have to go thru a bank to secure funds. Not kidding. Its messed up and the main reason they are leaving Oakland. I don't know if they can afford him, which if that's true, why even bother being a team? Mack is a freaking force of nature. I don't want this numbnuts of an organization to trade a guy like that to Green Bay. 

And Green Bay sounds like the most likely destination.  Its been rumored for weeks that they would give their 2 first rounders and then some.

If they are that strapped for money one would think the league would step in and force Davis to take a partner to infuse the team with cash.  Or if I was Davis I would reach out to the Vegas interests for some up front money to secure a major piece of the franchise.

Oakland is asking for two number ones for Mack...pretty slim takers at that price.

Idiots, maybe. Total @ssholes if they let Green Bay have that guy. I never liked the Raiders. I could hate them even more if they pull this.

Two first rounders and a guy who wants to be paid like the monster he is...Could GB actually dole out that kind of cash after giving themselves away to Rodgers yesterday?
I would have to puke a second time (the first time being when Teddy went to the Saints) if the Fudge acquired Mack.

Oakland IS in a bad spot financially...  but how do you not to re-sign your best player???  It's not like Oakland didn't know this day was coming.  If he ends up getting traded to Green Bay, that would be a huge move for them.  It might even put them as the team to beat in the NFC...

Mack in GB not good. With TT out of there and the pressure to win now with Rogers, we should brace ourselves for their new front office to be more aggressive in surrounding Aaron with better talent. 

That said, we forget how close they were to the SB not that long ago. 

Yeah but can Green Bay afford him considering they just gave Rodgers more than the GDP of many small countries?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yeah but can Green Bay afford him considering they just gave Rodgers more than the GDP of many small countries?
I heard that his previous contract was 17.9% of their cap and the new one is higher at 19% or so.  They've had 2 Mt Rushmore QB's over almost  30 years and have 2 trophies to show for it. That's how many of their hard-core fans are looking at it and probably how I'd be too if I was a Pack fan. 

I am envious of 2, but understand how their fans might be a bit restless. I hope we make them downright sad again.