Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Misc. Thoughts
Here you go:
  • Offensive Line:  As compared to most fans, I am very optimistic about the offensive line.  For the first time in recent memory, I see 3 back-ups that I feel can grow into quality starters: Collins, Isadora and O'Neill.  Sure, they all may be a year away, but that is still more quality depth than years past.  Think of the recent past and, for instance, Jeremiah Sirles.  Certainly a good back-up in a pinch but no upside.  Yes, the Vikings are short on experience back-ups on the OLine but have a ton of potential for future starters (reducing the need for the offseason when the Vikes signed Reiff and Remmers).
  • Hill:  I admit that I have not seen the practices, etc. but I am not certain I share the common belief that Hill will not make it to the practice squad.  I saw someone post about the fact teams love athletic talented long CBs and therefore he is likely to be picked up.  My quick response to that is that Hill was the same athletically talented, long CB when he fell totally out of the draft.  Has he shown enough that the fact he fell through the draft is now meaningless?  I haven't watched closely enough to opine about that but it does seem he has already been judged by the 31 other teams for the traits everyone now applauds.
  • Tight Ends:  Because of the competitiveness and depth at other positions, I would be tempted to carry 2 TEs and move Conklin to the PS.  One reason this is a possibility to me is because of O'Neill on the squad.  O'Neill is a former TE and certainly can fill in as a TE in jumbo packages.
Just my thoughts for the day.

Excellent points about TE and OL, especially using O'Neill as #3 TE. Agreed about OL, though I think Isadora and/or Collins might start sooner than 2019.

Re Holton Hill, teams had reluctance to draft him due to bad publicity regarding marijuana issues. Draft choices, even late ones, get a lot more scrutiny than someone claimed on waivers a week before the season starts.

hadnt thought about oneil as a te. that would certainly let us carry 3 instead of 4 te’s like normal.