Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles drop to #5, new #1 in BR power rankings
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792...sus#slide0

1. ________
    High: 1
    Low: 3
    Last Week: 3
    Yep. The No. 1 team in these rankings changed—again.
    That isn't an indication of the fickleness of the analysts here at B/R as much as it's a testament to how closely packed the teams at the top are—especially on the NFC side.
    Three different NFC teams garnered a No. 1 vote this week. For Gagnon, it was the Saints—who have Drew Brees and both reigning Rookies of the Year. For Sobleski, it was the Rams—who have the reigning Defensive Player of the Year and highest-scoring offense.
    And for Davenport, his new No. 1 team is Minnesota.
    "In a loaded NFC," Davenport said, "the Vikings are the most stacked team. They just don't have any holes. Kirk Cousins has skill-position weapons out the wazoo and a good line in front of him. The defense is ridiculous and just pulled off another sneaky-good signing with George Iloka. The Vikings aren't head and shoulders better than the Rams, Eagles and Saints. But they're the most complete team in the conference."
    This week at least, that opinion got Minnesota the No. 1 spot.
    _________

Me: Good line? OK, well, everything else here is spot on....

We went 3-8 last time we were number 1 in the polls.  I don't want the attention!!!!

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
We went 3-8 last time we were number 1 in the polls.  I don't want the attention!!!!
I'd prefer to be the underdog too. For me it's just satisfying that, as predicted, once the so-called experts actually bothered to LOOK at the depth charts and compare them, you'd start seeing the Vikings getting more love. There was one of these (SI I think?) that had the Vikings around, what, 13th? Behind teams like KC who brings back the 29th ranked defense and a 1st time starter at QB. 

They put us to high but understand their logic. Detroit is too low Atlanta is to high. I seen rankings up and down I don't agree with. However it is based only on assumptions at this point. I agree I would rather be around #5. High enough to feel recognized but not cursed with higher then warranted expectations.

rankings are about as worthless as there is in sports... i can see in college where there is not hard and fast system for setting the playoffs and arbitrary rankings are used,  but in pro sports there is a win loss record and tied breakers to establish who is playoff eligible.   I dont give a shit where they say the Vikings are because the players will decide on the field who is better than who.   these countless rankings are the epitome of click bait and page filler.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
rankings are about as worthless as there is in sports... i can see in college where there is not hard and fast system for setting the playoffs and arbitrary rankings are used,  but in pro sports there is a win loss record and tied breakers to establish who is playoff eligible.   I dont give a shit where they say the Vikings are because the players will decide on the field who is better than who.   these countless rankings are the epitome of click bait and page filler.
No way, Jimmy! They're an actual representation of how teams will finish. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
no really.... they dont mean shit... so I am always befuddled why people, who appear to be intelligent by most observable parameters,  get their panties twisted so tight over rankings.  :/

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
no really.... they dont mean shit... so I am always befuddled why people, who appear to be intelligent by most observable parameters,  get their panties twisted so tight over rankings.  :/
Yep, I agree.  The college rankings draw so much attention that the NFL media started doing it too.  I find them every bit as annoying as you, Jimmy.

It's fan appeal solely. There's no purpose to NFL rankings except to get people reading and talking. I kinda enjoy them. I'm one who kind of gets defensive if they are ranked low. However I don't like when there ranked one like this. So guess I'm just as guilty as the next fool. Entertainment purposes only. 

Wow drop a preseason game to the Browns 5-0 & swoosh...!  Wink B)