Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next BRob?
https://www.vikings.com/news/weatherly-b...nsive-line

Sounds similar, athletic, smart, can drop in coverage, even down to the nice guy part.  Hopefully he is one of the young DEs that need to step up and into the regular rotation.

This is the guy I've been saying is going to take the next step, not Bower. Very athletic and has some density from the waist down, not thin-hipped. 

Hope so. But we've picked a lot of 6th-7th round defenders with loads of athleticism the last few years: Edmond Robinson, Antone Exum, Brandon Watts, Jayron Kearse, Elijah Lee, Ifeadi Odenigbo, and Weatherly. No results yet. Yeah, we need someone to take over as the #3 DE but the track record of these late picks doesn't make me confident.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Hope so. But we've picked a lot of 6th-7th round defenders with loads of athleticism the last few years: Edmond Robinson, Antone Exum, Brandon Watts, Jayron Kearse, Elijah Lee, Ifeadi Odenigbo, and Weatherly. No results yet. Yeah, we need someone to take over as the #3 DE but the track record of these late picks doesn't make me confident.
Past performance is not an indicator of future success. Especially on something as nebulous as late round picks. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Past performance is not an indicator of future success. Especially on something as nebulous as late round picks. 
Late round picks are either going to be borderline NFL backups and ST players, or heavy on potential but light on return.

With a deep team, go for the risk of potential.

but does his father join online fan forums?

[Image: 63zkug5i0bj6.jpeg]

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Well, at least he's go his momma's looks.
I kid, I kid.

Quote: @"Scoog" said:
@"Kentis" said:
I kid, I kid.
Yes, he's a damn good looking man. Thank the Lord he has his daddy's looks. Lol

Quote: @"96POPS" said:
@"Scoog" said:
@"Kentis" said:
I kid, I kid.
Yes, he's a damn good looking man. Thank the Lord he has his daddy's looks. Lol

Guess I forgot to add that to the long line of superlatives I put on him in the OP.