Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade bait? Real praise?
I think it's real praise...

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...5394569217&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fminnesota-vikings

I think it's real praise, doubt he gets traded.

did he make plays?  zim doesnt bs around much. 

Not sure about that being real praise, because Z then said that Trevor S. is still the obvious #2. I think its more of a backhanded compliment in context.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not sure about that being real praise, because Z then said that Trevor S. is still the obvious #2. I think its more of a backhanded compliment in context.
This...

Sounds like a comment made about keen last year

zimmer doesnt like playmaking QBs)

I don't hear anything in that statement that sounds backhanded at all.

Either way, part of Zimmer's job is to nip controversies in the bud. If Cousins were to get hurt, you'd want QB2 to come in knowing he has the full support of the players and coaching staff. It would be wrong for Zimmer to talk like a fan and say something about how Sloter has been great and Siemian not so much, ostensibly "promoting" a competition for QB2. If there is a competition it would be held in film rooms behind closed doors. 

I have a feeling there is no controversy @ TCO on QB pecking order going into Sept. Only amongst us fans. I'm just glad to have Sloter on the roster - he could be an heir replacement in the wings one day for Cousins. Boy, what a luxury that would be for a team QB starved the better part of 25 years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't hear anything in that statement that sounds backhanded at all.

Either way, part of Zimmer's job is to nip controversies in the bud. If Cousins were to get hurt, you'd want QB2 to come in knowing he has the full support of the players and coaching staff. It would be wrong for Zimmer to talk like a fan and say something about how Sloter has been great and Siemian not so much, ostensibly "promoting" a competition for QB2. If there is a competition it would be held in film rooms behind closed doors. 
Yes, having a backup QB that actually has some game experience is a good idea.  Sloter has some moxie and is making plays (against the 3rd string) so Zim is happy to see that.  But hopefully Sloter has 3 more years to learn the game.