Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eagan campus to feature areas for fans to walk, play and interact
I will absolutely miss the "small town kitsch" of tc in Mankato...But for the future? Sounds pretty amazing:

When Minnesota Vikings fans descend on the team’s training camp next summer in Eagan, they will be greeted with large plazas for events, two small lakes and looping, landscaped walking and biking trails.
A land bridge between the lakes will have a Viking ship theme, with a boardwalk and a team hall of fame paying homage to former players with decorative paving and plaques.
Meanwhile, future plans call for a large “Skol Pavilion” for events.
The bells and whistles are found in a plan the team recently presented to Eagan city officials for areas around the team’s new headquarters and practice areas, now under construction on 40 acres of what was the former Northwest Airlines campus east of Dodd Road and south of Interstate 494.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/25/new...-interact/

Read the article - sounds like a first class facility is being built! Will go a long way to help get FA in the future.

Must say, also read the comments. What is with people? Talk about a bunch of whiny depressing shit heads. Instead of being proud of finally getting up to speed with the rest of the league in terms of facilities - facilities that will also eventually have housing and adds jobs, all of the comments are so negative. Well, fuck all of those shit heads, Im proud of what ownership is doing for our team, and the benefits that will come from this place for the community. Seems if land that was not being used either has to house the homeless or be a park. Anything else is seeing as some sort of cash grab. God forbid anything to be built for business etc.

Absolutely zero need for locals to whine about whats going on in Eagan...Perhaps they liked watching the Delta building crumble. MN's just like to bitch, have to be brought keeping and screaming to what most would consider progress.

Now USB stadium and the Wilfs? That's a whole other discussion imo.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely zero need for locals to whine about whats going on in Eagan...Perhaps they liked watching the Delta building crumble. MN's just like to bitch, have to be brought keeping and screaming to what most would consider progress.

Now USB stadium and the Wilfs? That's a whole other discussion imo.
I agree 100%

The only people that I can see having any sort of gripe are the ones that bought out there and wanted the open spaces around them preserved. But they also had to know that wasn't going to last forever. I have my own gripes about urban sprawl. It is something that people feel strongly about. Getting a first class facility for the team and for the most part all of it paid for by the team means that nobody should be griping about the cost.At all. But I can see an argument being made about eating up space and more sprawl. Sure there was a building there before but do we really need more housing outside the metro? Or more crappy chain restaurants? There will be hotels going up and not just those for the players to stay in.

I am a big fan of the new facility I just wish some dilapidated land that has gone to shit closer to the cities could have been found and utilized.  But then we'd be listening to a whole different set ofpissing and moaning from people. The delta building should have been razed years ago. 

After saying all of that there really is no reason for anyone to complain about this. 

I get the urban sprawl too. Living out in the Maple Grove/Medina area I see it in spades and lament the lost of wet lands around here. Funny how I didnt lament it when we were picking-out our lot 18 years ago...