Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Beebe say good bye Sherrals
Beebe can return punts and he can play his position WR better then Sherrals can play corner....and hes cheaper.

I agree. I love Sherrals but we need to find a spot for Beebe. That and Marcus was pulling up with hamstrings last night. Could linger and might spell the end of what was an improbable long run for us. Our DB field is loaded. His reserve play there is no longer as valuable either. Honestly I think the choice has already been made. It will be a tough one though.

Agree, need to find a spot for Beebe.  i think Sherels time should be coming to an end.  He's a decent return man but really sucks as a CB.

Sherels gave up that long reception down the sideline.  He actually ran step for step with his man, but he didn't "cover" him, which is why he was targeted.

Love Sherels, however, as a backup CB, he is barely serviceable.  We all know that.  I love Sherels, I really do.  But I agree with this.

yall are saying that but wait till we fumble a damn punt in the championship game and lose to the peckers or saints. 

LOL  People want to cut Sherels every year, and he is a great special teamer.  Every year there is a Chad Beebe-type in preseason and more often than not, they get cut.  Not saying Beebe will, but I'd be surprised if Beebe makes the roster and Sherels doesn't.

I didn't really buy it through the past week, but this last game he definitely caught my attention.

A WR is given a route to run and relies on timing with the QB to beat defensive coverage. Sometimes a great route creates an opening and the QB drills it in there - sometimes a WR route will bring him through a zone and the QB just waits for it to open up and chucks it in there. But when this breaks down, a WR needs to be able to adjust. He has to intelligently keep the play alive. He has to scramble to get open and make himself an option for the QB. 

Beebe has some of that. He has some speed, he looks quick and shifty in space - that final drive Sloter was able to hold the ball and wait for Beebe over and over again. The TD pass, Beebe just crossed the field and ran with Sloter out in open space. The route was one thing. His hustle to run with Sloter and his smarts to angle it as he did through open space was another; all Sloter had to do was find him.

I'm starting to wonder if he could give an NFL some hell on broken down type plays. Imagine Cousins drops to throw, first read is covered. Goes back to the secon - oh shit, he has to bail. Rolling right...  Beebe is open. He's too quick and shifty in that moment of hesitation and he separated from his guy. First down.

He could be successful in a gimmicky role as he continued to develop and polish as a WR.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I didn't really buy it through the past week, but this last game he definitely caught my attention.

A WR is given a route to run and relies on timing with the QB to beat defensive coverage. Sometimes a great route creates an opening and the QB drills it in there - sometimes a WR route will bring him through a zone and the QB just waits for it to open up and chucks it in there. But when this breaks down, a WR needs to be able to adjust. He has to intelligently keep the play alive. He has to scramble to get open and make himself an option for the QB. 

Beebe has some of that. He has some speed, he looks quick and shifty in space - that final drive Sloter was able to hold the ball and wait for Beebe over and over again. The TD pass, Beebe just crossed the field and ran with Sloter out in open space. The route was one thing. His hustle to run with Sloter and his smarts to angle it as he did through open space was another; all Sloter had to do was find him.

I'm starting to wonder if he could give an NFL some hell on broken down type plays. Imagine Cousins drops to throw, first read is covered. Goes back to the secon - oh shit, he has to bail. Rolling right...  Beebe is open. He's too quick and shifty in that moment of hesitation and he separated from his guy. First down.

He could be successful in a gimmicky role as he continued to develop and polish as a WR.
He's a football player that knows they tricks of the game...some of this is what makes Thielen so dangerous.  When things are going good a reciever needs to be precise with their routes and timing,  like a surgeon,  but when they go bad,  like a zone takes away your throwing lanes they need the knowledge to know where that soft belly of the zone is and get there so the QB can dagger it.  Beebe seems to show a knack for both skills.

As far as Sherels,  he has never shown any coverage skills,  it's a disgrace to DBs everywhere to have him listed as such.  If they can get ST coverage from another source it's time to part ways.  As far as Sherels never fumbling,  we'll he also backs away from many balls that are kicked short and doesn't even try and field them,  which is often what leads to muffed punts,  but he's had some of those as well over the years,  no guarantees with him either.  He's been a damn good special teamer, but let's not pretend hes doing some thing out there that cant be duplicated.  Good player, but not a special player.

I don't think we keep Beebe.