Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone/Thomas
Which one do the Vikes keep? I like Boone because I knew his father Dan'l real well. However; I also knew Thomas's father and sister, Danny and Marlo, well too. Could the Vikes cut Ham and keep both Boone and Thomas? What about Murray? Is he worth the price of Boone and Thomas? If One is cut, do the Vikes stash him on the pratcice squad? A tough call all around. I say find a way to keep them both at the expense of Ham and Murray. 

I would trade Murray and keep DC, CJ and the two rookies.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I would trade Murray and keep DC, CJ and the two rookies.  
Scary: I like Cook but that knee could fold up again. Besides, how much is Murray worth in trade?
I really think they drop CJ Ham. He's far less likely to get claimed: many teams hardly care about a FB, and his local connection makes him more attractive for Vikings than anyone else. He'll be around if we need him later in the season; Thomas or Boone may not.

Ham fills that FB role as well as the emergency back.  He isn't going anywhere,  especially since the rookie FB looks to have broke his ankle yesterday. 

Hams abilities are undeappreciated.  He catches very well and carries the ball well also.  If his job was in jeopardy he would have been given more reps yesterday with the 2s and 3s imo.  He was pads off pretty early.

Dammit... just liked a post supporting Ham...  with my history of supporting Viking’s RBs...

He’s gone.  

Quote: @"vikingknights" said:
Which one do the Vikes keep? I like Boone because I knew his father Dan'l real well. However; I also knew Thomas's father and sister, Danny and Marlo, well too. Could the Vikes cut Ham and keep both Boone and Thomas? What about Murray? Is he worth the price of Boone and Thomas? If One is cut, do the Vikes stash him on the pratcice squad? A tough call all around. I say find a way to keep them both at the expense of Ham and Murray. 
I doubt we keep a true FB position this year.  I think we'll keep 3 HBs.  We can keep Ham as the 3rd HB and he can do double duty as a FB on the few occasions we need it, or we give the 3rd TE that responsibility and role with one of the more explosive younger guys.  I think there's about zero chance they cut Murray for either Boone or Thomas and their single games of preseason success.

Quote: @"medaille" said:

I doubt we keep a true FB position this year.  I think we'll keep 3 HBs.  We can keep Ham as the 3rd HB and he can do double duty as a FB on the few occasions we need it, or we give the 3rd TE that responsibility and role with one of the more explosive younger guys.  I think there's about zero chance they cut Murray for either Boone or Thomas and their single games of preseason success.
Agreed.  Murray did yeoman's work last year for us when Cook went down.  Ham is very flexible, but Boone and Thomas have shown they belong.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"vikingknights" said:
They carried 3 RB and a FB last year,  I'm pretty sure they do it again.  If they weren't going to keep a FB they wouldn't have just signed another one today to take Stantons spot to challenge Ham.

Challenge? At this point, I think it's just to give CJ a preseason rest during games. If they really didn't want a FB, they could just ride Ham for 8 more quarters and then let him go...

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Challenge? At this point, I think it's just to give CJ a preseason rest during games. If they really didn't want a FB, they could just ride Ham for 8 more quarters and then let him go...
Challenge wasn't the best word.  We are saying the same thing though.  Ham is making this team,  the Vikings will be carrying a FB this year.