Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Elflein to come off PUP possibly as soon as Monday
Good news, per Darren W. 

Well that's a relief. Now let's see if that Edison kid can play guard.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I like where your head is at. But I think Z wants a vet in there like Compton, which I'm not in love with personally.

Might be sacrilege for me to say it, but what about Edison @ C and Elf @ G????

I like me some good news. 
Thanks

Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
No.  Elf was damn near special at C last year but I don't know that he would be as good at a G position .  He could likely play it but wouldn't be as at high level as he is at Center

@MaroonBells said:
I'd consider it. I think everything should be on the table. If the best five includes Edison, then so be it. I also keep going back to the fact that Elf graded out higher at guard than he did center at OSU. And he actually said he preferred playing guard. So there is that. I just don't know how legit this Edison is. It's too early to say. 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I'd consider it. I think everything should be on the table. If the best five includes Edison, then so be it. I also keep going back to the fact that Elf graded out higher at guard than he did center at OSU. And he actually said he preferred playing guard. So there is that. I just don't know how legit this Edison is. It's too early to say. 
And if I recall correctly, Guru was saying Elf struggled with the more powerful DT/NT -- his game was quickness and getting out to second level, in the flat. 

That might be crucial in the zone blocking, DeFlip era. 

I think you're spot on in saying get the best 5 out there - not sure if that includes a journeyman like Edison or not.

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
And if I recall correctly, Guru was saying Elf struggled with the more powerful DT/NT -- his game was quickness and getting out to second level, in the flat. 

That might be crucial in the zone blocking, DeFlip era. 

I think you're spot on in saying get the best 5 out there - not sure if that includes a journeyman like Edison or not.
At center he will get or give help with tackles,  but at G he will more prone to be isolated aginst.  I don't know that he has the size to handle the spot.