Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hughes has solid debut for Vikings
The common expectation with Mike Hughes, given the fact that the cornerback played one full season of major college football and the deliberate pace the Vikings typically use with their young corners, is that the first-round pick won’t play much on defense during his rookie year.
That could still turn out to be the case as the Vikings’ season unfolds. But in the team’s first preseason game on Saturday night, Hughes made enough plays to suggest he might be further along than we’d think. He lined up in both the slot and at outside cornerback in Denver, stuffing a first-quarter screen to River Cracraft for no gain and nearly intercepting a Paxton Lynch pass before Broncos receiver DaeSean Hamilton reacted to break it up.

http://www.startribune.com/mike-hughes-h...490672141/

Hughes showed well.  He had some nice coverage downfield that resulted in a couple dump offs as well.  He also had a run blitz that he came all the way across the LOS for the tackle.  Looked very good.

My dog for this game was Brothers at LB.  Played very slow and missed several tackles.  Plus is suspended for the first 4 games for PED's.  Hoping we can find a better LB.  Wilson played well.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Hughes showed well.  He had some nice coverage downfield that resulted in a couple dump offs as well.  He also had a run blitz that he came all the way across the LOS for the tackle.  Looked very good.

My dog for this game was Brothers at LB.  Played very slow and missed several tackles.  Plus is suspended for the first 4 games for PED's.  Hoping we can find a better LB.  Wilson played well.
Brothers looked like  cap I bet  he  is a goner after his suspension