Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well This Sucks!
Vikings’ G Nick Easton underwent surgery this morning to correct a herniated disc in his neck and his season is likely over, per his agent Joe Linta. But it is not expected to be a career-ending injury.

Dam that's  what I was expecting

Ugh, trying to refrain from thinking, "Here we go again".

It really would have been nice to have made the offensive line more of a priority this offseason.  After all, how many years in a row now has the offensive line been the team's greatest weakness???

Hopefully a  couple  of the good things  we  hear about isora Collins and Edison are  on the mark that they are  serviceable

Not unexpected after I heard he was going for a second opinion. You don't go for a second opinion when the doctor says it'll be a 2 week thing. He's done and might be done forever. So one starting guard down already and the first preseason game hasn't even started for the team yet. Fuck me. It sucks as they'll have to stick with someone currently on the roster and then it'll be super weak behind that guy. 

Unreal. If Zimmer didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. 

Yeah, getting a "second opinion" usually means the first one was too upsetting to accept. Frustrating as hell, but no big surprise. Couple thoughts. Sounds like Edison is holding his own, maybe Elf comes back and moves to LG. Aviante Collins has been getting a lot of work at guard, too. I suppose the best solution would be to let Isadora and Compton fight it out and keep everyone else where they belong. The worst part is that Easton doubled as starting guard and backup center. Now that will likely have to be two players. 

There might be another solution somewhere. A secret one. A solution in disguise. A solution whose identity is...oh I don't know...concealed somehow. 

Not surprised by this at all, still sucks to hear though.

not worried yet.  these things happen.  we have Compton and Isisdora to take spot with the other being a primary back up to both OG spots,  Elf will come back at center and I would think that Edison could also play G if needed.  its unfortunate,  but hardly a season killer and there is certainly time to find another player to come in and back up the position.  way to early in the game to be hanging our heads.

While it sure sucks for Easton, it's time for one of these other dudes to step up and be counted.  We've got a ton of OL men in camp (literally and figuratively!) and somebody needs to claim that spot.