Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins tells revealing tale about practicing against the Vikings defense
http://www.startribune.com/kirk-cousins-...490374691/

I went over to coach Zimmer afterward and said ‘Tell me a little bit about what is going on there,'” Cousins continued. “And he said well they’re not supposed to do that. They were supposed to leave the play on, but they’ve been playing together for so long. They’re so dialed in that even if the play clock is running down or you’re getting your check out quickly, they know with one hand signal or one word, everyone knows what to do

Now, how exciting is that? There were rumors of such things in the offseason. What is an effective balance of Zim-like discipline vs. letting a team of experienced players follow their instincts? The potential of this defense is just enormous. Could be one for the ages. 

This is Zimmer's best defense with the most talent he's ever had. They are highly comfortable in this defense now. Should be fun to watch. This D is stacked and also stockpiling young talent. 

Hard to believe Zimsu is going into 6th year here as HC...5 of em snakebit and most of em without a qb. Yet we've won the division what? 4 of the past 5?

Something like that?

kinda give me wood to hear shit like that about our defense.   I could give a shit less about scoring points,  but keeping the other team off the board is my favorite part of the game and is why I think the game is going to shit with all these rule changes to favor the offense.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
kinda give me wood to hear shit like that about our defense.   I could give a shit less about scoring points,  but keeping the other team off the board is my favorite part of the game and is why I think the game is going to shit with all these rule changes to favor the offense.

Agreed.  Scoring 38 points and giving up 30 is frustrating.  Guess that's why I like baseball...I like pitchers throwing a shutout! Wink

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Agreed.  Scoring 38 points and giving up 30 is frustrating.  Guess that's why I like baseball...I like pitchers throwing a shutout! Wink
a good defense can score points.  I will take a 17 - 0 nothing game all day over those shootouts that come down to fluke plays or bull shit calls by the refs.

C'mon jimmy who doesn't love late fourth quarter ball on the GB 40, Vikings up 2 erin takes the hike, Baluga drags his man to the ground ((ref  swallows whistle) as oline has had hands on the outside all game)  in deemed incidental contact.  Richardson busts through flushing Erin into full panic mode. Erin attempts a spin move to escape the pocket but hunter is cutting off his escape.  Richardson attempts a chop/strip move while erin  sees time running out and spikes the ball at the feet of TE cut blocking grif.  A sea of yellow ensues---- unncessary roughness of Qb even though he was never taken to the ground.   15 yds and a first down followed  another 15 for bench violation as Zim hurls he clipboard to the ground.  Collinsworth comments> now we got a game folks."    

Quote: @Akvike said:
C'mon jimmy who doesn't love late fourth quarter ball on the GB 40, Vikings up 2 erin takes the hike, Baluga drags his man to the ground ((ref  swallows whistle) as oline has had hands on the outside all game)  in deemed incidental contact.  Richardson busts through flushing Erin into full panic mode. Erin attempts a spin move to escape the pocket but hunter is cutting off his escape.  Richardson attempts a chop/strip move while erin  sees time running out and spikes the ball at the feet of TE cut blocking grif.  A sea of yellow ensues---- unncessary roughness of Qb even though he was never taken to the ground.   15 yds and a first down followed  another 15 for bench violation as Zim hurls he clipboard to the ground.  Collinsworth comments> now we got a game folks."    
it would be funny if it werent true.