Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you play Dalvin Pre-season game #1?
I read where Denver may play their 1st line players 2 series...

No way. Not even if the whole offensive line was intact. I expect it to be a shit show offensively for Minnesota with Remmers, Elflein and Easton out for that game. 

Yes I would.  Just one series.  GIve him a carry and let him get that first hit in and over with.

If he's healed up, then probably.  If he doesn't, then the coaches most likely don't feel he's ready.  I won't be surprised to see him on a few plays.

if we are going to trust our 84 million dollar QB to that line, then give him every weapon he has at his disposal.   if DC is able to be a full go in practice,  this is the next logical step and if he is going to suffer a set back it could just as well happen this week than waiting until week 3 of the preseason.   he runs with the 1s so get him out there,  of course I would want to see Murray getting some reps with the 1s as well.

No. I'd let him play a couple series in that 3rd game, but that's it.

Last season was easily our best in many years. But in the preseason they looked awful. Just terrible. They clearly didn't show any of the key formations, plays, blitzes that were so successful in week one against the Saints. And I'm good with that. Let other teams win the preseason. Use the preseason to work on fundamentals, but don't let anyone see what's in store when it counts. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Last season was easily our best in many years. But in the preseason they looked awful. Just terrible. They clearly didn't show any of the key formations, plays, blitzes that were so successful in week one against the Saints. And I'm good with that. Let other teams win the preseason. Use the preseason to work on fundamentals, but don't let anyone see what's in store when it counts. 
he hasnt taken a football hit in nearly a year,  I understand wanting to keep it vanilla and protect him,  but he is a football player and needs to take some football hits.  even if he is only in for half a series IMO he needs to get his body ready to play the game again.  practice is good,  but its still not football.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

he hasnt taken a football hit in nearly a year,  I understand wanting to keep it vanilla and protect him,  but he is a football player and needs to take some football hits.  even if he is only in for half a series IMO he needs to get his body ready to play the game again.  practice is good,  but its still not football.
I don't know that it's that important. He's likely been knocking heads since puberty. It's not like he doesn't know what that's about. I'd put him in that 3rd game dress rehearsal but wouldn't expose him to a dozen defenders trying to make a football team. We don't have to agree. PF just asked what I would do and that's what I would do. 

Chad Greenway was on with PA yesterday. Said that it was very important for him to get into that first preseason game after his knee injury. Said you need to get that first hit by an opponent done right away.

I agree with jimmyinsd, get DC a few carries this week, then rest him.

I'd give him a series...maybe two...but I'd seriously limit the way we used him...