Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade a CB for a OL???
Alexander or Waynes...wont be able to afford either one when contract comes up...….

Perhaps,  or maybe a DE.  I don't know that we would let Alexander go as he's our only current slot guy.  It might not take a top tier back, maybe Sherels and his ST skills would get a serviceable OLman.  Been hearing a lot of good things about the LB Wilson,  it would be a huge move but as far as expensive future free agents Barr would get some calls returned and clear a lot of cap space in the process.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Perhaps,  or maybe a DE.  I don't know that we would let Alexander go as he's our only current slot guy.  It might not take a top tier back, maybe Sherels and his ST skills would get a serviceable OLman.  Been hearing a lot of good things about the LB Wilson,  it would be a huge move but as far as expensive future free agents Barr would get some calls returned and clear a lot of cap space in the process.
I doubt Zimmer will want to diminish the starting units at all. I think Treadwell is a candidate, but damned if I'm not excited to see what all the fuss is about. Alexander too because of Hughes and Hill, neither of whom can be traded.

If we give up a Barr or a Waynes we better get back Randall Freaking McDaniel. 

There's a shortage of OL depth everywhere. Not sure where there might be a suitor willing to pony-up something decent in return. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There's a shortage of OL depth everywhere. Not sure where there might be a suitor willing to pony-up something decent in return. 
That's a good point. Even fully healthy, there's a shortage of quality OL in the NFL. Sounds like they've reached out to Incognito. I wonder if they might ask Berger to come back for one more year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
That's a good point. Even fully healthy, there's a shortage of quality OL in the NFL. Sounds like they've reached out to Incognito. I wonder if they might ask Berger to come back for one more year. 
Berger had no intention of coming back,  in todays game it seems these OL are either struggling to maintain weight and quickly lose a lot when they quit training or they are barely hanging onto a low enough weight to be functional.  I suspect Berger would be about 20 lbs down already if he honestly walked away at the end of the season as announced.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Good corners are one of the most scarce commodities too so who knows?  If they have truly reached out to a psycho like Incognito, I am offically worried.  That seems like a desperate move and out of character with this team.  It could easily be just Incognito blowing smoke though.

I'll wager they are exploring their potential options in the trade market as we speak. At what level and who they are targeting potentially is impossible to guess even, really. And it might not happen. But I'd be surprised if they aren't doing their due diligence at the very least right now.....and that still doesn't mean anything would happen, it takes two to tango. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'll wager they are exploring their potential options in the trade market as we speak. At what level and who they are targeting potentially is impossible to guess even, really. And it might not happen. But I'd be surprised if they aren't doing their due diligence at the very least right now.....and that still doesn't mean anything would happen, it takes two to tango. 
and it might not take a top shelf guy,  maybe they are looking to add youth or just veteran depth and not necessarily a first line starting type player. 

what will be interesting this year is the team doesnt have that initial cut (75 man roster?) and then a final cut like in years past down to the 53.  IIRC this year they go from 90 to 53 in one cut so there wont be an early round pool of players to grab from and get them into camp for a week or two before the season starts to get them ready for what ever their role may be.

Many of us were very worried about the OL depth all through the draft and offseason. Hopefully we can figure something out.
I'd hate for this season to get derailed by the O-line. (Or by anything for that matter... how 'bout we just keep this season properly railed huh?)