Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Zylstra
Sounds like Brandon Zylstra is turning a lot of heads in training camp. Gets open, catches everything. Have the Vikings discovered their next Adam Thielen? 

That was Holton Hill that tapped that ball that Zylstra hauled in. I've heard good things on Zylstra also, but I don't think he's in Thielen's class of athleticism...he's underrated that way. Good hands for sure, but slow. Very well could make the team, but he won't burst on the NFL scene anywhere near what Adam has done. 

Apparently, Treadwell has had a great camp, also. I just don't see what could it would do to keep 2 WRs that have very similar skill sets (bigger body, good hands but very slow and can't separate). You need a slot guy like Kendall Wright. 

And speaking of whom....if you want to know why Adam Thielen is so good, watch him break Mike Hughes' ankles at 1:10. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That was Holton Hill that tapped that ball that Zylstra hauled in. I've heard good things on Zylstra also, but I don't think he's in Thielen's class of athleticism...he's underrated that way. Good hands for sure, but slow. Very well could make the team, but he won't burst on the NFL scene anywhere near what Adam has done. 
I just mean that he's a local kid who went undrafted and stands a decent chance of sticking around. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I just mean that he's a local kid who went undrafted and stands a decent chance of sticking around. 
Gotcha, MB. Yeah, I mean if he sticks on the roster, that is crazy rare and would be ANOTHER feather in the cap of this front office to find him. I love his body, its well built and NFL ready.

IF he sticks, it'll be cause he's learned how to play ST's well lol!

I'm sure he'd be great depth @ WR too. 

If only we had the same kind of depth @ LB or OL as it appears we have @ DB and WR. 

Why is Wright #17!?

It annoys me just thinking about explaining that to the room on Saturday... Someone will jump up and elaborate how good Jarius is after he makes a play...  :p

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Why is Wright #17!?

It annoys me just thinking about explaining that to the room on Saturday... Someone will jump up and elaborate how good Jarius is after he makes a play...  :p
Cheap jerseys ready to go lol. JK. Who knows? I had to explain it to several people at training camp. I kept hearing people saying I thought Jarius was gone. Ugh.