Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not trying to be concerned about the OL, but....
Elflein is still out. Saw Easton was out for awhile...Remmers..... is he back? Rashod Hill missed some time. Not a great start to TC. This line needs to be healthy to be at least average. Its the last thing that needs to happen with a new QB and new OC. Sucks.

From ESPN:

'The shuffling along the O-Line due to injuries to Mike Remmers, Pat Elflein & Nick Easton's undisclosed absence on Saturday is something Kirk Cousins grew used to in Washington. The Redskins used 36 different offensive line combinations in 2017, which taught Cousins to adjust to new personnel on the fly -- something he had to do quite a bit the first week of camp. With Easton out, Cousins worked with his third center, Cornelius Edison. "It's tough," Cousins said. "It's not ideal. Pat will be back but it's good practice for when inevitably something happens during the season and we have to shuffle people around. I guess it's getting us prepared for that. It isn't easy to have a new center every other snap, if that's what happens."

It's absolutely a concern...Offense is going into game 1 significantly less jelled than the D. Especially when you start taking into account DC isnt playing yet, just a lot that has to come together. 

In other news, Packers Bakhtiari was carted off practice and Beluga is still recovering from ankle injury suffered last year. 

I just thought that might make us feel better lol! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
It's absolutely a concern...Offense is going into game 1 significantly less jelled than the D. Especially when you start taking into account DC isnt playing yet, just a lot that has to come together. 

In other news, Packers Bakhtiari was carted off practice and Beluga is still recovering from ankle injury suffered last year. 

I just thought that might make us feel better lol! 
Pretty sure Bulaga was an ACL. But, yeah, it's a little alarming that our weakest unit is the one getting hit by injuries. The good news is that with 10 days to go in training camp, we haven't suffered any major injuries anywhere. Couple years ago that intrasquad game took down 4 or 5 starters. Keeping the fingers crossed. Well, I will later. It's really hard to type with my fingers crossed. 

What the extent is could be concerning.  These are just minor or setbacks for now..right?Just hope we stay relatively healthy through camp and pre-season.  Yeah some teams have certainly been less lucky so far. Bad news from Packerland is better then from ours. It's all part of the game. They need every excuse they can get this year. Lord knows they would never admit to anything being fair. Then win the division with a 10-6 record because they are that good. Or settle for 2nd because we are.

If Reiff would get dinged or need a rest who is going to replace him. 
Hopefully the starters get healed up.

Quote: @Norse said:
Good question. It would either be Collins, or the Vikings would shuffle everyone around by putting Hill on the left, Remmers back out to RT and Isadora or Compton at RG. 

Not really limited to the Vikings. Offensive lines are in shambles across the NFL. Players aren't being developed well in college and that makes finding five solid starters difficult, let alone having good depth to overcome a few injuries.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
Good question. It would either be Collins, or the Vikings would shuffle everyone around by putting Hill on the left, Remmers back out to RT and Isadora or Compton at RG. 
Which would be a PITA shuffling everyone. 
The Vikings are expected tomorrow to release their first depth chart of the season.
It will be interesting to see where they have people listed.

we are over a month away from the first game.... not to worried yet.   I am guessing much of the absences have been very precautionary at this point of camp,  in another couple weeks we will see guys playing through a bump or bruise that sidelines them right now.  if we get into the week of the 3rd preseason game and things arent full go for all 5 starters up front its time to start ringing the alarm bell.

IIRC, the starting five got zero snaps together last preseason...not too concerned yet...