Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In case anyone missed this (years ago)
Randy may have been the best ever...
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ran...-all-time/

interesting article. Theres no doubt Moss had a greater impact on field than any other.  Saying hes the best ever is difficult for me due to his consistency in commitment, effort, sportsmanship, team focus, which all appeared questionable  

I bet this has been posted before, but I always see people saying that NFLN is showing X Vikings game from X year. If you're ever interested, there are LOTS posted in full on YouTube. One is Randy's '98 TGiving game (link: &t=618s)

(It's gonna start you in the middle because I've been watching it and I can't figure out how to remove my timestamp, so rewind to the beginning.)

What bothers me more than anything regarding Randy, (and I really don't want anyone here to take this personally) is that people look at what he did, and often they say "Yeah but if he was a little more committed or worked just a little harder he could have been even better". To me that sort of has always bothered me and is what makes me sad for the players in the league in general. We are always expecting and wanting more. Here is a guy that is in the HOF. Redfined the game in ways. And we expected more out of him... In my opinion Randy gave what HE could give, and I find it hard to ask for more personally. We took the things that he did off the field and we made MASSIVE Mount Everest replicas out of them. The guy had a coach come out and say that he was going to give the ball to him 40% of the time.... We put an awful lot on that guys shoulders, and we were doing it when he was a typical dipshit early 20 something guy. And when you think about it, that guy may have played a large part in saving the damn franchise here in MN. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
What bothers me more than anything regarding Randy, (and I really don't want anyone here to take this personally) is that people look at what he did, and often they say "Yeah but if he was a little more committed or worked just a little harder he could have been even better". To me that sort of has always bothered me and is what makes me sad for the players in the league in general. We are always expecting and wanting more. Here is a guy that is in the HOF. Redfined the game in ways. And we expected more out of him... In my opinion Randy gave what HE could give, and I find it hard to ask for more personally. We took the things that he did off the field and we made MASSIVE Mount Everest replicas out of them. The guy had a coach come out and say that he was going to give the ball to him 40% of the time.... We put an awful lot on that guys shoulders, and we were doing it when he was a typical dipshit early 20 something guy. And when you think about it, that guy may have played a large part in saving the damn franchise here in MN. 
this is a good point to make.  maybe its the “fan” in me but i expect Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald and Scott Studwell kind of effort.  Not Bryant Mckinnie level