Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is tough to see....

The survival statistics around Glioblastoma are pretty sobering. Buried one of my dear friends 14 mos after he was diagnosed with it.

Painful way to die for the victim and survivors. 

Thoughts and prayers out to the Dolemans. 

Yes it is.  I see it every day in my FIL,  one of the toughest men I've ever known both mentally and physically and this has shattered him and will soon kill him.  Prayers for the Dolemans and all the other families facing this grim beast.

Thoughts go out to the Chris and the entire Doleman family.  This is indeed tough to see and hear about.

It is tough to see. Very aggressive form of cancer. I had a cousin die from it 25 years ago. The last few months they had to cut out a piece of his skull. It allowed pressure to be released or something. Nasty way to go. Always in terrible pain and in and out of consciousness the last few months. I got to see him a month before he passed. It was shocking what he looked like. I wouldn't have recognized him if I didn't know who I was visiting. He was only 39. A athlete and jogger. Never smoked or drank. Just goes to show you. Cancer has no respect for anybody. 
I pray they have better treatment now. Thoughts and healing prayers for Chris.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Yes it is.  I see it every day in my FIL,  one of the toughest men I've ever known both mentally and physically and this has shattered him and will soon kill him.  Prayers for the Dolemans and all the other families facing this grim beast.
That's tough Jimmy, sorry to hear that man...

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
It is tough to see. Very aggressive form of cancer. I had a cousin die from it 25 years ago. The last few months they had to cut out a piece of his skull. It allowed pressure to be released or something. Nasty way to go. Always in terrible pain and in and out of consciousness the last few months. I got to see him a month before he passed. It was shocking what he looked like. I wouldn't have recognized him if I didn't know who I was visiting. He was only 39. A athlete and jogger. Never smoked or drank. Just goes to show you. Cancer has no respect for anybody. 
Unfortunately just a 30% 2 year survival rate...

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
Not much...chemo, radiation,  steroids, and avastin to try and slow it's growth and limit it's spread in the brain.  All have their own nasty side effects that the patients ability to live in their own way. 

Hang tough D, you're Vikings brothers and sisters right here with you