Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If this article doesn’t fire you up, pinch Yo self

When you combine it all – the dominance last season after the quarterback situation got settled, the elite defense that returns everyone with one big upgrade, the great playmakers on offense, Dalvin Cook’s return, the improvement at quarterback from Case Keenum to Kirk Cousins – this looks like the strongest team in football. That doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl. The NFC is ridiculously tough and the separation between the top five teams on this list is slight. In a one-game playoff situation, who knows? But the Vikings might be even better than last season, when they were 13-3. Then you’d hope for a better postseason showing. Vikings fans have waited a long time for a Super Bowl, and this team could get the job done.

One can only hope we get one and soon. I'm getting to dog gone old to keep saying....maybe next year. I know there are many of you out there with me as well.

On paper, best team since 98. Better balanced than that one - on paper. 

After that? We're going back to 87 and then back to Grant's mid-70's teams. 

"The Vikings finished the regular season on an 11-1 streak, with the only loss coming by a touchdown at an 11-5 Carolina Panthers team."
Wow!  I had no idea.

Wow  finally a sports writer that does  his  job  nice  article  

Finally, someone who sees things clearly. I admire the writing, too. No flowery language, no stupid, millennial-inspired catch phrases, no half-witty attempt to tie conclusion to intro (Tommason!!). Just straightforward and simple.

This pretty much sums it up for me going into this season:

Here’s everything that can go wrong for the Vikings: offensive line, a new offensive coordinator is a major step down from Pat Shurmur, special teams (they’re not great) and terrible injury luck. I don’t really have any questions otherwise. It needs to be mentioned that Aaron Rodgers is so good, perhaps he carries the Packers to a division title. Not everyone can play in the AFC East. But on paper, I don’t think there’s much reason to question Minnesota.

When you combine it all – the dominance last season after the quarterback situation got settled, the elite defense that returns everyone with one big upgrade, the great playmakers on offense, Dalvin Cook’s return, the improvement at quarterback from Case Keenum to Kirk Cousins – this looks like the strongest team in football. That doesn’t guarantee a Super Bowl. The NFC is ridiculously tough and the separation between the top five teams on this list is slight. In a one-game playoff situation, who knows? But the Vikings might be even better than last season, when they were 13-3. Then you’d hope for a better postseason showing. Vikings fans have waited a long time for a Super Bowl, and this team could get the job done.

When Cousins and Keenum hit the open market, Cousins got $28 million a year and Keenum got $18 million per season. NFL teams lie all the time, but they don’t lie with their checkbooks. The contracts tell you the league believes Cousins is far better than Keenum.

this should kind of settle the bull shit when it comes to "unnamed nfl personnel" quotes that try and piss on the Cousins signing.

This is what I find interesting as well - while many wondered how the Vikes could keep/re-sign their stud players with Cousins huge contract, we are only paying 4 mil more this year on QB position:

"The Vikings didn’t even need to change their roster significantly to fit Cousins in. As Minneapolis Star-Tribune columnist Sid Hartman pointed out this offseason, the Vikings are spending just $4 million more on quarterbacks than last year (a reminder, kids: Never overpay Sam Bradford. You’ll regret it). The Vikings landed Cousins without having to fundamentally change a team that went 13-3 last season."