Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Rivera Declared Brain Dead
Matt Kalil - T - PanthersPanthers coach Ron Rivera said he expects LT Matt Kalil to "be better" this season.
Signed to a five-year, $55 million contract last March, Kalil was mostly bad his first season in Carolina, but the coach expects to see more this year. "He works against it every day and he’s got a better feel for what we’re doing," Rivera said. "He’s a little more comfortable in the system." With Andrew Norwell gone and Daryl Williams injured, the Panthers have serious questions along the offensive line. Kalil taking a step forward would help alleviate those.Source: Charlotte Observer

Jeez I thought you were serious with the title.
Yeah Ron get used to saying that and paying for not getting that. Oh and of course Matt thinks he's doing just fine. Note to Matt if your coach publicly calls you out saying he expects more. You are not going just fine.

The best thing for the Panther org  would let the Mat take tickets.  He can get more people through the line faster than any turnstile designed by man.

Well, the Kalil family is wealthy, I'll give him props for that. What do you think? This season and next at the most? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Well, the Kalil family is wealthy, I'll give him props for that. What do you think? This season and next at the most? 
As long as they're going to pay him as a top LT with below average performance/injuries why not keep cashing checks?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
As long as they're going to pay him as a top LT with below average performance/injuries why not keep cashing checks?
Agreed..not our problem. They can pay him as long as they want.
I had high hopes for him. By now I've heard this same story too many times. 

When they say he's been working out ---they mean he's got new nagging injury excuses he'll trot out as the buffer to diminished returns on seasonal expectations.

He was also recently quoted as saying in an ideal scenario, he'd give McCaffrey 25-30 touches in a game...  so there is that to consider...

I almost forgot this happens every year at this time. Still time to get some popcorn?

I think this may be the reason for the new protecting the QB rule....everyone is terrified for Cam's life...