Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts and observations of the new training camp experience
I know the change can be hard but there are a lot of positives and possibilities. It is a much bigger facility and it's beautiful. There are a lot of opportunities for kids to be active. I love watching the various random football games all over the place. The stadium field is used before walk through and practice as well as throughout the day. Kids get to all kinds of fun things from the 40 yard dash to running drills and participating in a player workout geared to various age groups. It was fun to see them lined up.

The littlest ones were 4 years old. They were so excited and enthusiastic. Their parents were encouraging them and cheering them on. Watching the adults try to make field goals was hilarious at times. I loved seeing the parents get involved. I loved seeing the youth football teams in their uniforms. They are going to benefit from the football clinics. They are also going to show a free screening of Disney's Moana on August 10. Can you imagine seeing a movie on that big board?

The community is going to benefit. Maybe the sense of community is different. Maybe it's a work in progress. It's new afterall. But it is the direction the team is going moving forward. It took me a little time to adjust. I think other fans sense that too. Part of it for the first couple of days was the lingering loss of Coach Sparano. Part of it was the idea of something new. Part of it is just figuring out how things work. But it is where we are now.

The site itself is very spread out so there is a lot of ground to cover. There are the practice fields, the stadium field, places for stages, the store, the museum, the training house, the concessions, vendors and various booths. It will take time for people to find where they fit in the new place. I know talking with older people, they are generally nostalgic. The college age crowd is loving the new facility. It is business and business is about offering the best representation of the product and making money. Also it goes much better with the new stadium. I am wondering if some of the fans leaving early was due to weather or traffic or restlessness in the new home. Or maybe all of the above. I do know new memories will be made. I am interested to watch how things unfold in the days to come. 

They had a nice story on the new facility last night on Kelo-Land news (CBS Sioux Falls). Everything looked top notch. the field was fabulous. Everyone looked to be having a great experience. They interviewed our long snapper, he was respectful of the Mankato history and experience, but said that having the training facilities so close to home, and having the rehab stuff and staff right there was a huge upside as far as players TC experience.

I was there with my family last Saturday and took a bunch of pictures, more so of the facility and the museum than the practice itself, since the players were a decent ways away from us, but I did get a few of those as well.

I've been meaning to post them here but there are a lot of them, especially of the new Vikings museum.  Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on posting pictures of the museum?

Also, what would be the best way to post a bunch of pictures?  Should I just create a shareable link to a google photos album that people can click on?

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
I was there with my family last Saturday and took a bunch of pictures, more so of the facility and the museum than the practice itself, since the players were a decent ways away from us, but I did get a few of those as well.

I've been meaning to post them here but there are a lot of them, especially of the new Vikings museum.  Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on posting pictures of the museum?

Also, what would be the best way to post a bunch of pictures?  Should I just create a shareable link to a google photos album that people can click on?
Omg! I took a boatload of pictures in the museum. It's amazing. That's a great idea about the link. I am thinking about trying to create a slideshow.