Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gushfest by everyone over how Dalvin Cook is looking
Local media, national media, coaches, etc. can't say enough about how great Cook looks so far. Saying if you didn't know previously that he had had ACL surgery, you couldn't tell by looking at him now. He said he feels faster and quicker. Mentioned he's ready for pads and contact, can't wait to play August 11th. Just great news.

This kid can't stop smiling. Anyone seen him at TC? The dude is loving life and being a Viking. Crazy to think that he slid because of 'off the field risks'.

'I feel comfortable, I feel good.' Cook Back on field after ACL surgery
The NFL world is again swirling around Dalvin Cook. After teams shied away from using a first-round pick on the dynamic runner because of off-field concerns, Cook’s 288 rushing yards in three games last season ranked second in the league.
Then it all came to a halt on Oct. 1. A torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee meant any anointing of Cook as one of the NFL’s top running backs would have to wait.
Cook’s time is again soon approaching. The Vikings are easing him back into training camp. He has flashed his previous elusiveness in limited 11-on-11 drills without a knee brace — which was his choice — giving coaches, teammates and observers a glimpse into his potential for 2018.
The Star Tribune talked to Cook about his offseason, recovery and public perception. Some answers were edited for length.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-runni...489473781/

It's really a continuance of his rookie season to me. I got very excited about him. Have to keep in mind it was 4 games and 444 total combined. That was a very good start. Still need to know how well he holds up to a long punishing 16 game season.  

So sucker punched when he went down last year. Then Qb1 and the team goes 13/3 and to the NFCCG. Go figure.

Getting Cook back and Hughes is like having 2, new 1st rounders to watch this year. 

And the promise of Murray & Cook together is nice to think about as well. 

All looks so rosy, dont it? 

I'm really excited to see what this kid can do over the course of a full season.  He's probably the first true 3-down RB we've had in a looooong time.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I'm really excited to see what this kid can do over the course of a full season.  He's probably the first true 3-down RB we've had in a looooong time.
Well said...

I loved what AP brought to the game, especially early on. But watching Cook stay in on 3rd down (and do really well) was, well....Refreshing

He was right in front of me doing some pretty intense drills and was making some nice cuts. Then during practice when he was receiving handoffs and catches he was able to run through people. He isn't hesitating. He looks solid and determined. He is definitely in great shape. He received huge applause. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
Well said...

I loved what AP brought to the game, especially early on. But watching Cook stay in on 3rd down (and do really well) was, well....Refreshing

should make people understand why some of us were down on AD not doing what it took early on to become more of a complete back.  IMO that was the biggest failure by Chilly,  somebody needed to make the kid listen before his successes made him incapable of being taught.  a complete back of that skill level is a truly special player to watch.  AD was a monster,  but in a limited and what became a predictable role.  Imagine how much more AD would have been if he had applied that same warrior mentality, that he used to rehab from his knee injury, on becoming a better receiver and pass blocker.

I was out at camp over the weekend and he looked very explosive. But he knows he isn't going to get hit in non-padded practices. We'll see this week if there is any hesitation with the pads on. My guess is that there will still be a mental hurdle to overcome. 

I was going to say from all of the videos out of pads so far it's hard to really notice much going on with the knee. He's doing crazy agility drills, he looks like he's moving quick.

Certainly pads are a different thing; not just contact put the extra weigh on the knee carrying or bouncing off of defenders. But i don't know how much i'd worry about it though just because what we're seeing out of pads from him seems to suggest he's ready. Excited to see him get after it and see how he holds up heading into the season.