Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefon Diggs wants to remain with Vikings but still no contract extension done
Stefon Diggs said Sunday he wants to remain with the Vikings, but he also likely wants some very big bucks. 
For that reason, the wide receiver has yet to sign a contract extension after two practices of training camp at TCO Performance Center. The Vikings historically have preferred to lock up key players entering the final year of their contracts before the start of camp. 
“I want to be here,’’ Diggs said Sunday. “I love being here. I love being a part of this organization. They took a chance on me (in the fifth round in 2015), so I love it here. As far as where we’re at, you kind of got to take it up with the right people. I haven’t spent too much time up there. But hopefully we can get some things done and we’ll see how it goes.’’ 

Diggs didn’t directly answer when asked if a deal is close to being done, but there have been no indications anything is. 

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/29/st...sion-done/

“He’s worked real hard,’’ said Vikings coach Mike Zimmer. “He had a really good (spring). He’s had a really good camp, couple days. He’s running his routes good, catching the ball good. His speed looks great. And he’s just doing a lot of good things.’’ 
On Saturday, Diggs made perhaps the most thrilling play of camp so far. He went high in the air over safety Anthony Harris to haul in a long pass down the right sideline from Kirk Cousins for a 40-yard gain. 
“Just listening to every (coach) that I have as far as learning and really dedicating my time to being great and trying to perfect my craft,’’ Diggs said. “Right now, I am just a worker bee again, another training camp trying to get better.’’