Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings RB Dalvin Cook sheds brace: ‘I’m ready to put pads on’
Vikings running back Dalvin Cook took the NFL by storm for the first month of last season, rushing for 354 yards and a pair of touchdowns before tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Week 4. 
That ended what had the makings of an all-pro rookie season, and made the 22-year-old Cook start to question the game he loves. 
Nearly 10 months later, though, Cook is back on the practice field with the Vikings. After reporting to training camp Tuesday night, he has spent the past couple of days getting his legs under him as he looks to make an impact this season.

“I definitely trust it again,” Cook said after Thursday afternoon’s practice at the Vikings’ new facility in Eagan. “It just took me getting back on the green grass and putting my cleats on.” 
While he wouldn’t say if he feels faster after the injury, Cook reiterated he feels much stronger. He added that initially it took awhile to trust himself again. 
“You’re going to be nervous,” he said. “That’s just going through the process. You’re coming off a very serious injury. As I gradually got through it, though, I got comfortable with it.” 
In fact, Cook is so comfortable with his surgically repaired left knee that he’s decided to move forward without a protective brace. 
https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/26/vi...t-pads-on/

Cook has looked very good just running around the practice field: quick and nimble. Him not wearing a brace is huge.

Very nice...but please don't be macho. It's practice wear the damn brace for now.