Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exciting year for NFL QBs this season
Many intriguing storylines around the league at the most important position in the NFL:

- Impact rookies: Darnold, Mayfield, Josh Allen, Rosen, Jackson (least likely this year), etc.
- Returning from injury: Rodgers, Luck, Wentz, Tannehill, Watson
- QBs in new places: Cousins, Bradford, Keenum, Alex Smith
- Younger ascending players: Prescott, Trubisky, Bortles, Mariota, Goff, Carr, Jimmy G.
- Strong vets: Brady, Brees, Manning, Rothlisberger, Stafford, Wilson, Rivers, Ryan, Newton
- Rebound year: Dalton, Flacco?

I can't remember a year where so many teams had solid options starting or had highly rated rookies ready to takeover for the placeholder. Honestly, by far the biggest question mark is in Tampa. You could debate some lower level concerns (like in Denver if Case shits the bed and there's nothing behind him), but otherwise its an unusually good NFL situation starting a season. I'm sure the NFL broadcast partners are glad to see it. 

Bradford could fall into two categories. Come back from injury and new place.  Watson is intriguing to me. He started so good and ended with a bad injury. I like that Jameis Winston name is not on this list  and Mariota is ascending. He is a ?? With ?? thinking and choices. They chose pure talent over character and this is what they are left holding. I would have passed on him.  I hope Case has a great year. Glad he's in the AFC so I can say that. Mostly I'm excited for our own new QB. Think we made the right choice. Have to prove it though.