Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single game tickets are on sale...
I'm flying in for the Bills game, bringing my kids to their first ever game.  Somehow I've kept them from being Seahawks fans!?!  In looking up tickets, I noticed ticketmaster is selling what looked like team issued tickets, but at high secondary pricing.  I emailed someone in the Vikings ticket office and they confirmed tickets are posted.  They are for all games. 

Wow, a silent release of single game tickets, at high secondary prices.  Interesting and sad move... 

Quote: @NorthwestNorseman said:
I'm flying in for the Bills game, bringing my kids to their first ever game.  Somehow I've kept them from being Seahawks fans!?!  In looking up tickets, I noticed ticketmaster is selling what looked like team issued tickets, but at high secondary pricing.  I emailed someone in the Vikings ticket office and they confirmed tickets are posted.  They are for all games. 

Wow, a silent release of single game tickets, at high secondary prices.  Interesting and sad move... 
I am quickly becoming less of a fan of the business side of the Vikings operations.  I love the product on the field,  but outside of that its like they are forgetting who there fans are.  Enjoy the game.

Wow, that is really sad.  How much more do they need the bleed the community and fans?  At some point, isn't enough simply enough?

Just out of curiosity, did you purchase a "Standard Ticket" or a "Verified Resale Ticket"?  Ticketmaster is the approved secondary market of the NFL, so their site will list both those in the original sale and those being hawked by STOs or, um, "entrepreneurs".  I noticed only a couple pairs of Standard Tickets at the base price of $60.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
Wow, that is really sad.  How much more do they need the bleed the community and fans?  At some point, isn't enough simply enough?
Those are fans Bleeding the community, the verified resale tickets are more expensive than similar TM tickets.

I doubt the Bills game will be heavily attended by season ticket holders. I suspect that game will be one of the cheaper tickets on the resale market as the game gets closer. At least that's my hope since it's the game I will try to target. 

Quote: @Mark Janda said:
Just out of curiosity, did you purchase a "Standard Ticket" or a "Verified Resale Ticket"?  Ticketmaster is the approved secondary market of the NFL, so their site will list both those in the original sale and those being hawked by STOs or, um, "entrepreneurs".  I noticed only a couple pairs of Standard Tickets at the base price of $60.
I just checked, and for the 49ers game on 9/9, the "Standard Ticket" was $500 each for the 1st row of the 2nd deck on the visitor side.  The tickets directly a row behind those were "Verified Resale Tickets" for $389 each.  So something definitely appears to be up in regards to the Standard Ticket pricing.

All of the prices seem to be extremely high right now, I would definitely wait like Maroon suggested above for the prices to come down.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Those are fans Bleeding the community, the verified resale tickets are more expensive than similar TM tickets.

I'm talking about the Standard Ticket, not the Verified Resale Tickets.  Standard tickets are from the team, which are priced more than many similar Verified Resale Tickets. 

A total guess on my part... but I bet they silently put these single game tickets on sale at high prices hoping to cash in.  If they don't sell, they could then do an "official" sale of any remaining tickets at face value. 

Quote: @Mark Janda said:

I didn't buy any yet.  I'm evaluating buying soon so I don't have to deal with getting tickets so close to my trip, or wait until closer to the game when prices will be lower.  Plus, buying 4 together is always harder than a pair. 

I just got an email from the team saying that single game tickets will go on sale starting the 19th... so apparently there has been some bull shit afloat by the ticket office and ticketmaster.  disappointing to say the least.

so basically it sounds like the Vikings are scalping their own tickets.