Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Did Everyone Survive The Canine Apocalypse?
I'm not sure what the difference was this year, but my 9 year old Boxer was not a happy camper last night...

Curry slept in the basement last night.  She really hates the 4th.  Some dogs don't mind the fireworks and some really seem to like then.  My BIL has a yellow lab that sits and watches them like an adult....nose at the ground... (whoomp)  nose in the sky and then up on her back legs as they go off...reset and do it again,  quite funny to see actually. 

Our dog hates them. I mean, he starts shaking....never had a dog so scared of fireworks before. Poor guy. 

Was a freakin war zone here.  Can't remember it being like this, just a constant barrage of explosions.  I came home just before dark because I knew our lab was gonna be freaking out.  Had him sleep near my feet as I watched some tv.

we have a camper spot at the lake,  we didnt even bother going in this year because Curry gets so spooked.  I have no idea why she is so scared of loud noises but some dogs are just that way I guess. hopefully everybody has it out of there system by this weekend, but I doubt it.

I have two cats.  One couldn't care less; the other spent the last three nights in the basement. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not sure what the difference was this year, but my 9 year old Boxer was not a happy camper last night...
I have an 8 year old Lab and a 7 year old one...Very different levels of mellow. 

My older one is getting more sensitive to loud noises as he ages. Of course the neighbors blew-off some big ones right when I had him outside last night. 

Oh well...I think the smoke detectors going off a year or 2 ago set him off and from that point on he's been skittish about s hit..

Just gotta keep em inside till it all literally "blows over"

My two year old Golden just sits and watches them with us.  I was told because Golden's are a hunting dog they are usually not afraid of loud noises like gun shots or fireworks and he seems fine and doesn't flinch when he hears either.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
My two year old Golden just sits and watches them with us.  I was told because Golden's are a hunting dog they are usually not afraid of loud noises like gun shots or fireworks and he seems fine and doesn't flinch when he hears either.  
I am 2 labs in a row that hate fireworks.  Confused

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
I am 2 labs in a row that hate fireworks.  Confused
Pure bred's?  IDK if that makes a difference this is my first dog and he is pretty chill overall but most Golden's are I think.  Gets overly excited when greeting people but other then that he is very chill/friendly.  

Somewhat funny story from last night hanging at the Lake with the dog and fireworks.  A friend is an avid hunter/fisherman and he knew everything about Golden's/Labs because he has had a few in his day.  But he said he had a friend that was training his Golden to retrieve so he could go duck hunting.  So the guy shoots a duck and the dog takes off and comes back with a stick.  My buddy said well did you train him with a stick, because you did a good job!  

Ha, sounds like something I would do Smile