Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron to LA

No surprise...

Got houses there, business's there, much larger forum for social activism etc.

At least he didnt F-up this announcement this go around. 

Lakers one of the most storied franchises in all of sports. I loved me some Show-Time back in the day. 

The "brand" just got the 2nd largest market. Priorities are important.
Truth is I don't care what the NBA or the King does.  Football and baseball are enough for me. I can mix in some NHL playoffs if I need to fill space.

And if you didn't see this coming 2 years ago...don't start paying attention now.  This will be all that's talked about for the next week and its been the worst kept secret in sports.

Good. Get him out of the east. Celtics can now dominate. Hmm...Celtics, 6ers, Lakers, Vikings, Rams on the rise...it's like being 12 years old again. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Good. Get him out of the east. Celtics can now dominate. Hmm...Celtics, 6ers, Lakers, Vikings, Rams on the rise...it's like being 12 years old again. 
it will be interesting for the east... straight up the east wont have the better teams,  but in a long ass nba postseason it could lead to teams from the east catching beat up western teams in the finals.

interestingly.... lebrons kid is committed to play HS ball for some academy out in lala land with Pippen and KMarts kids.  that could be more interesting than watching the pros.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
it will be interesting for the east... straight up the east wont have the better teams,  but in a long ass nba postseason it could lead to teams from the east catching beat up western teams in the finals.
Celtics will be tough to beat. They get Hayward and Irving back to add to all those young players that developed last year. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
interestingly.... lebrons kid is committed to play HS ball for some academy out in lala land with Pippen and KMarts kids.  that could be more interesting than watching the pros.

Yes, Sierra Canyon High School in Chatsworth. I'm about an 1.5 hours south of there, but their games are often televised in my area. They really are fun to watch, especially when matched up against some of the local powerhouse programs. The talent level is off the chart for high school. Then again, these schools recruit like some colleges so it's not surprising.

As a big Laker fan (yeah, I know), this is great news. Probably still not enough to take down the GSW juggernaut, but this is a start.
Vikings get Cousins. Lakers get Lebron. Things are looking up in my world!