Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Vikings defense the best?

Interesting discussion...

The Rams? Jacksonville I can see worthy of the slot for now. 

Vikings gave up 456 yards and 38 pts in that CG - ugh.

"Don't tell me how tough the delivery is,
show me the baby"

-Coach Zimmer

I think it is, but if you want to debate it, debate it about Jacksonville. The Rams were what? 19th in yardage allowed last year? They've got to prove their collection of vets is going to bump up significantly.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Maybe that's a good thing. If the Vikings had played well defensively and lost because of a missed field goal or something, maybe they don't go get a Richardson, or fortify their depth. Even though they were the #1 defense last year, Vikings defense should come into this season with a lot to prove. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

We usually only look at our own team but jacksonville's defense gave up 552 yards and 42 points to the Steelers followed up by 344 yards and 24 points to the Patriots which wasn't too bad but not great either.  In our Saints win we held them to 358 yards and 24 points and held Bree's to his second lowest QBR of the season and essentially shut him down for 3 quarters and turnovers got them back in the game not the fault of the Defense.  Case gave up a bad INT that gave the Saints the ball at our 30 and then we had the blocked punt that gave them the ball at our 40.  

Stat-wise, in most categories we were the Top Defense so I still think we are and we added a stud 3T which was our weak point on Defense - IMO

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

We usually only look at our own team but jacksonville's defense gave up 552 yards and 42 points to the Steelers followed up by 344 yards and 24 points to the Patriots which wasn't too bad but not great either.  In our Saints win we held them to 358 yards and 24 points and held Bree's to his second lowest QBR of the season and essentially shut him down for 3 quarters and turnovers got them back in the game not the fault of the Defense.  Case gave up a bad INT that gave the Saints the ball at our 30 and then we had the blocked punt that gave them the ball at our 40.  

Stat-wise, in most categories we were the Top Defense so I still think we are and we added a stud 3T which was our weak point on Defense - IMO
I agree. We should be improved. Last the Rams had a good defense. Still it was a Rams team that Case passed for 280 yards on and Murray rushed for 95. Cook and Kirk should help the O as much as Richardson helps the D. Yes the Rams will have a good defense again. Same for the Jags. Vikings are right there in the mix. However all 3 will also have some bad days. Hope ours won't be in January again. We were worn out in that game.

I'm wondering...should I judge the Vikings D on their first sixty six quarters of football or their last six...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm wondering...should I judge the Vikings D on their first sixty six quarters of football or their last six...
As Janet would say: