Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Receives Sentence
Vikings WR Michael Floyd has been sentenced to one day in jail for violating the terms of his house arrest.
Floyd, who isn't allowed to drink alcohol as part of his house arrest arrangement, allegedly failed five different tests. He absurdly blamed the failures on Kombucha tea. The judge wasn't having it. Floyd is lucky to escape with only a day in jail. It's unclear how safe his Vikings' roster spot is. Floyd was signed just 47 days ago.

The next shoe to drop is to see what Goodell does...hopes for leniency were probably out the window with the multiple positive tests...anything less than four games would be surprising...hopefully this doesn't drag on long term, but the way New York operates, I doubt we get anything definitive until camp is rolling...

This guy is unbelievably lucky and ridiculously stupid. To be given such an opportunity and possibly waste it, wow just wow. 

NFLN also reporting 5 days of house arrest too

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
NFLN also reporting 5 days of house arrest too
That should teach him...

Yabbut, 4 of those night he has to go to bed without supper...

Ooh such fierce consequences. Unreal. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yabbut, 4 of those night he has to go to bed without supper...
Does he get his tea?

Here is my thought on this:
1. His excuse is plausible. Hate him all you want, but the more you research this stuff (I have some personal experiences with it, including friends who make their own)... it is honestly a reasonable explanation.
2. The judge DOES believe his story, but knows that case law precedent is a real hum-dinger, so if he accepts it outright, he's setting up hundreds (if not thousands) of appeals and possible class-action lawsuits from people with DUI convictions, etc.
3. He still should have known better.

My guess is that Gooddell plays along, gives him a suspension, and reduces it to one game. It's still a severe penalty, because one more infraction would cause a one-year ban... but it doesn't completely derail him from ever getting another shot right now.

Quote: @Max said:
Here is my thought on this:
1. His excuse is plausible. Hate him all you want, but the more you research this stuff (I have some personal experiences with it, including friends who make their own)... it is honestly a reasonable explanation.
2. The judge DOES believe his story, but knows that case law precedent is a real hum-dinger, so if he accepts it outright, he's setting up hundreds (if not thousands) of appeals and possible class-action lawsuits from people with DUI convictions, etc.
3. He still should have known better.

My guess is that Gooddell plays along, gives him a suspension, and reduces it to one game. It's still a severe penalty, because one more infraction would cause a one-year ban... but it doesn't completely derail him from ever getting another shot right now.
I am hoping he pulls it together and figures his life out.  I believed the Kambucha theory, but not eating, drinking 4 or 5 while watching movies until 4 am seems like a bad idea.  So many coincidences that just don't quite add up.  Left the tea unrefridgerated which increases alcohol content... Not eating.  Taking a swig right before blowing in the breathalizer...  Seems all a bit contrived.